Two Under 2
Options

Really people?!

My daughter is just 2wks away from her 1st birthday and I am finally out of my 1st trimester with #2!  I haven't been dying to tell my coworkers that I'm pregnant but I work in a field where you can't have ANY privacy. so a coworker overhead me on the phone with the doc about my pregnancy.. I figured I would just put it out there that I'm pregnant and she just said, "yeah I figured, this couldn't have been planned"  Yes, it was planned.  Really, is that any of your business?  I can't believe the amount of people that are making comments like this; what a surprise, so soon?,  on purpose?  Maybe I'm being over sensitive but a simple congratulation would do.  Sorry for the vent :)

Re: Really people?!

• Options

Oh my gosh! How rude of her. Did you say anything back? Is it ANY of her business if it was planned or not?! I can't believe people.

It sounds like you're in exactly my situation! DS is 11 months and I'm 9w4d :)         Congrats btw!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    People are annoying. we planned DD too and got some comments and looks....you get used to them, or you just come up with nasty comebacks faster each time =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My kids will be pretty close in age also (18 mo apart) and we planned it this way on purpose also.  My favorite comment that i get more often than i would have thought is "you're pregnant AGAIN?" 
  • Options
    How rude!  I just wonder what people are thinking!!!  I've started responding "We'd rather have our hands full than empty" and that usually shuts them up.  Or I'm just rude back, blame it on the hormones, you know.  Congrats!  :) 
  • Options
    It seems like everyone is asking us that question! Even stranger, how rude is that?
  • Options
    We got a lot of comments like that.  #2 wasn't planned but that's none of their business.  Thankfully our close friends and family were excited.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"