Working Moms
Options

Woman is trying to get me fired! (big vent)

Ugh, I have posted on here before about this particular woman who has a chip on her shoulder becuase she doesn't like that I am in a director position. She and I were assistants together and she is much older than I am and I have moved up while she has stayed put.

Every time I make the tiniest mistake she e-mails my boss about it. She e-mailed him today about a typo I made on a document that went to a trade show. It was an honest mistake that I felt bad about, but come on! Thank god he called me into his office and said he hated the petty BS this lady is coming up with left and right and not to pay her any mind. I have never done anything to her but be super sweet and helpful and she stabs me in the back at every chance she gets. I have even sat her down and asked her what her problem is and she just stared at the wall and shook her head and said she was trying to do what was best for the company.

How do I handle this person!? She gets to see everything I do because I am in marketing, so everyone sees it, so every time I make a tiny mistake she spreads it around the office and jumps all over me. She is making other people look at me side eye now becuase she is so vocal and saying I always mess up, which I don't! But hey everyone has a bad day and makes a mistake once in awhile. I have reviewed her work at times and fixed tons of them, I don't send petty e-mails to her boss about it though!!!

Re: Woman is trying to get me fired! (big vent)

• Options
    Honestly, I would try to ignore her. Obviously your boss sees what she is doing and I doubt your other co-workers are side eyeing YOU. I work w/ a gal that goes out of her way to appear perfect and everyone else inferior, we all see it and it annoys our boss. Just do your job and always be the bigger person, she'll get tired of it and everyone will see you as the mature adult, not her
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, I agree and that is what I have done up until this point. I did have one conversation with her just to see if she would open up and talk to me since we were already talking alone and she was complaining to me. I asked her directly if something else was bothering her and got no response. People in the office do know how she is so I guess I need to just let it go. Drives me nuts though!
  • Options

I personally think your boss needs to talk to her directly and tell her (if nothing else) that if she sees a problem, to bring it to him directly and not to spread it around the office.  That's my biggest issue w/ this.  People may know how she is, but still - it's unprofessional. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    imageEastCoastBride:

I personally think your boss needs to talk to her directly and tell her (if nothing else) that if she sees a problem, to bring it to him directly and not to spread it around the office.  That's my biggest issue w/ this.  People may know how she is, but still - it's unprofessional. 

This. Your boss (and hers if there is a different one) need to speak with her about this behavior as it's completely unacceptable. If I were you, I would treat her professionally but don't try to be her friend or be extra nice.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options

Try to ignore it.  She looks crazy as it is, and your boss knows it.  Just do your job and don't worry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"