1st Trimester

Bleeding after pooping...anyone with me?

I had this last time from around 7ish weeks to 16 weeks. Vaginal bleeding after BM. I had anywhere from brownish CM to a blood-filled toilet. Not every time, but a lot of the time. No SCH or anything, just a sensitive cervix as far as they could tell me. 

Just went and yep, here we go again. Not much, but man is that blood unnerving. Anyone with me? Last time Ves (of the Denali) was the only one who thought I wasn't mistaking vaginal bleeding for rectal. The Bump was smaller then, though. Anyone?

Re: Bleeding after pooping...anyone with me?

• It's happened to me twice and it's been really light pink and went away after maybe 2 hours.  I also had issues after using Monistat.  That bleeding (also pink and faint) lasted about 4 days.  I hated it too even if it was faint.  I called the doctor and everything. 
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"--Eleanor Roosevelt Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Bawaahaahaa!  I forgot all about Ves :)  I have just started having brown discharge with bm.  I had an u/s yesterday b/c I was worried and they are thinking it might be a "vanishing twin".  Scary!  My last pregnancy was so easy and textbook. 

I would assume if you have a sensitive cervix that it would happen with every pregnancy?  

• Loading the player...
  • imagesweetmelissa0901:

Bawaahaahaa!  I forgot all about Ves :)  I have just started having brown discharge with bm.  I had an u/s yesterday b/c I was worried and they are thinking it might be a "vanishing twin".  Scary!  My last pregnancy was so easy and textbook. 

I would assume if you have a sensitive cervix that it would happen with every pregnancy?  

I don't know actually. My cycles have been completely different since Jack but I guess since I had a c/s my cervix wouldn't have gone through much change (dilated to about 2-3).  

• I'm right there with you. It doesn't happen with every bowel movement, but a lot of the time. I had bleeding issues with DD, and I've had the same thing this time (even without a bowel movement I've had lots of bleeding/ spottting with both pregnancies). My midwife said I must just have a sensitive cervix. Someone on here one time mentioned "friable cervix", but I've never been diagnosed with that (and from what I found from Dr. Google, that is often caused by an STD, which I have never had). It definitely is scary!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It happened to me once. 
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I had that same issue with DD and have had it again a few times this go-round. My OBGYN said the strain of a BM can sometimes irritate the cervix. Even when I wasn't PG, it would sometimes happen.

Photobucket
    aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11
  • Yes, it has happened to me a couple of times. I freaked the fvck out. It was bright red, too.

And it wasn't coming from the back end, either.

I asked my OB, and he said it is very common. If it stops pretty quickly, and is not followed by cramping, then that's a good sign. I did have an u/s a couple of days after one of the incidents, and all was well.

It makes me scared to poop though, if I'm being honest. Not that I have much of a choice, but I hold my breath during the wiping portion of the event.

• It happened to me just over a week ago and scared the sh!t out of me. Well... not really... I was already empty. But it scared me nonetheless.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With my 1st the reason for bleeding was a cervical polyp. It's scary but I'm glad it was really nothing. I guess it went away on it's own because the doctors never brought it up again.
  • Yes, bowel movements scare the sh!t out of me.  When I miscarried, the first symptom I had was vag blood w/ a bowel movement.  Not to scare anyone because clearly & very fortunately that is not the only possible outcome.  But yeah, I hate crapping.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just talked to my doc about this yesterday! She said totally normally, especially if you've had some constipation. It can be very nervewracking, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • About 5DPO I had that.  I was super constipated, pushed too hard, and popped a vag blood vessel.  it was bright red! I freaked because I always spotted between periods and was worried that's what my problem was.

Talk to my mom and she explained what probably happened.  I recommend Colace and lots of water.  Maybe had to strain too hard for you BM and it was a blood vessel.

• ::waves Hi to Patty::

I had spotting after BMs a few times from about weeks 10 - 18-ish (I can't remember exactly). I told the doctors about it but they didn't seem too concerned. They did order the anatomy scan at 18 weeks to make sure I didn't have a low lying placenta. It ended up being anterior and high, but not low, so not an explanation for the spotting.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"