Georgia Babies
Options

HSA Plan Changes for 2011

Just a heads up 

We just got a letter in the mail saying that we can no longer pay for OTC meds with our HSA plan..this stinks because I use our card all the time for tylenol and sudafed. :(

This is for HSA plans--not sure if FSA plans will be affected the same.

Re: HSA Plan Changes for 2011

• Options
    Wonderful....we use it as well. I have a feeling that's only the beginning of bad changes though...
    Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08
  • Options

Here is more info on this.  It's FSA plans too...stinky!!

https://blog.ipagj.com/2010/09/changes-to-hsafsa-reimbursements-for-2011/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got the same letter.  Would have helped to know this BEFORE i put down my monthly reduction.  My letter says that it will go into effect 1/1/11.  So I plan to start stocking up.
  • Options
    Well that sucks!!!!!! 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That sucks bigtime! We use our FSA card for all that stuff. Agreed that we shall burn any $$ remaining in the account on stocking up on necessary OTC stuff.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    I noticed this as well.  Seems like that part of Obamacare slipped under the radar b/c I really don't remember this ever being mentioned.  The raising the age limit for dependents I heard about, but not this. 

• Options

imageslwprincess:
    I noticed this as well.  Seems like that part of Obamacare slipped under the radar b/c I really don't remember this ever being mentioned.  The raising the age limit for dependents I heard about, but not this. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. I read up what I could way back when to see how I would be impacted and this was not evident.

• Options
    imagemaykat:

imageslwprincess:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I read up what I could way back when to see how I would be impacted and this was not evident.

Makes me wonder what other crap got slipped under the radar. 

• Options
    I guess you could still itemize and deduct it later...that sucks, though. I'll have to ask the zillion accountants in my family about this one. We were using it to pay for Eli's OTC Prevacid since the insurance won't pay for it either...this bites/
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Options

I bet there will be a rise in Rx's that drs write. People will now ask for RX versions of the OTC drugs so that they can use their HSA/FSA $. 

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"