Preemies
Options

micropreemies 2nd rsv season...

I saw the post below, but the girls who responded had a little bit older preemies than Andrew was.

For girls with the teeny tinies...how are you treating 2nd RSV season?

I think our plan is to avoid kids in daycare and people we know are sick, but otherwise, to treat him normally.

I'm just curious what everyone else is doing.

Re: micropreemies 2nd rsv season...

• Options
    I'm curious about this too. Is Andrew able to get Synagis this year? Wasn't sure how that worked with micropreemies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We were able to get Synagis for Jake for the second year, and we did pretty much total hibernation again.  We were more relaxed about having friends over, but we kept our nanny (until his 2nd birthday) and we kept him out of grocery stores, the mall, etc.  We did take him to both sets of grandparents over the holidays where he was around our 2-year-old niece who goes to daycare.

Jake is 28 months now and has been in daycare for 4 months.  He did not get sick prior to going to daycare. Since then, he's only had 1 very minor ear infection and a sinus infection that required antibiotics.  He's had a pretty constant runny nose and a cough off and on.

So, I guess my bottomline is - hibernation is no fun and extremely limiting. But in terms of keeping kids healthy, it works.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKate621:
    I'm curious about this too. Is Andrew able to get Synagis this year? Wasn't sure how that worked with micropreemies.

hm

I just assumed he didn't qualify.  Maybe I should find out.  Doh!

• Options
    imagelemen99:

imageKate621:

hm

I just assumed he didn't qualify.  Maybe I should find out.  Doh!

Yeah I think that the qualifications are different for micropreemies. Might be worth a shot!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We got the letter denying Synagis today - but I'm not done with this fight.  With Sarah in daycare this year, there's really only so much we can do I'm afraid :-(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekkh2002:
    We got the letter denying Synagis today - but I'm not done with this fight.  With Sarah in daycare this year, there's really only so much we can do I'm afraid :-(

awww good luck!!

• Options

Our LO is 9 months going into our 2nd RSV season (most of the first he was still in the NICU) but we are treating it as total isolation with the exception of grandparents being able to come to our house when they are well & us going to grandparents' houses without any other visitors going. That way we can at least get out of our house a little bit. Our pedi recommended that we stay as isolated as possible and told us to remember, for example, that there will be many other Thanksgivings and Christmas in LO's future IF we keep him healthy now to get him to that point. So he pretty much scared us into accepting the isolation for the winter.

LO came home in March and he's never been in public indoor places. We did go to one small zoo and had some friends/family over during the summer. Not looking forward to more strict isolation but I do feel like we need to do anything in our power to protect LO. He was on oxygen through July.

We're currently fighting the synagis battle and I'm currently waiting to hear back from insurance.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"