Parenting after 35
Options

Words are comin' fast!

So C's been saying Momma and Dada and NighNigh (night night) for a while, along with a few other gibberish things.

But in the past few days, we're now getting "Hey Hey!"  It's so cute.   I've been singing an Irish pub song to him for months that starts out "Way Hey and away we go, Donkey Riding, Donkey Riding."   And he now sings along with the Way Hey part.. sorta.  And if I say it, he says it back!  

He also understands "ball" and will go search for his soccer ball whenever we say the word.   And if I say "Dada", he looks around for his Daddy.

I know this isn't Earth shattering, but I'm just so damn proud of my boy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Words are comin' fast!

• Options

Visualizing C-Man singing in on an Irish Pub song is priceless!

What fun!

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I know.  With our love of Irish pub tunes, along with his red hair and Mommy's redheaded temperment, he's doomed to be a handful and a half!!  HA!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should be proud! It's just the most adorable thing. It's like a language of it's own.
  • Options
    thats awesome! I love the whole new word thing !
  • Options
    Yay for Irish Pub songs!!  :D  I know a bunch too...lol.  I'd be excited if mine was singing them too!  (though I am kind of scared that he'll pick up on some of the dirtier ones instead, lol)
  • Options

Yeah, "Donkey Riding" isn't too bawdy, but there's some pretty good inuendo in it!  And my bad.. it's actually Canadian, not Irish! LOL

I do try to sing the non-racy ones.  But sadly, the ones I know the best are the bad ones!! 

He'll be gettin' his education early!   "Momma, what's Old Black Rum?? Is that a puppy?  No, son, that's an evil, evil drink that pirates like!"

And Ladyaylena.. have you ever heard of a Canadian band called Great Big Sea?  That's what I've been singing, actually.  If you like Irish pub tunes, you'd love GBS!

• Options
    Go Charlie Go! What a smartie!
  • Options

Yay, Finn has 4 words Mama, Dada, Bye, and Dog (apparently the cat is now a dog too :)

He does have that baby language though and he goes on and on...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"