Natural Birth
Options

Have been lurking

I've been lurking for several days now.  I think I may stick around a bit more.  You ladies seem very helpful and encouraging!!! 

I had an epidural with my DD when I was between 9 and 10 cm and about 95% effaced.  I just got terrified of the pushing.  Had I known that I would have only pushed twice and she was out in about 15 minutes I think I could have gone without it!!!  I'm really trying to prepare myself now for this one.  I'm going to stick around and hear some more encouraging stories.

Any tips on how to get over the mental block of how painful L and D is "supposed" to be would be appreciated.  

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Re: Have been lurking

• Options

Hi, welcome!

To answer your question, stop listening to and reading any birth experiences that are negative, and surround yourself with only positive birth stories. Read a couple positive birth stories every day, there are lots of great ones in Ina May's Guide to Childbirth which is an incredible book anyway and will make you feel so confident in your ability to give birth naturally. Also, this website has over 250 positive birth stories and videos www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com . I know first hand just how painful birth can be (I gave birth naturally to my DS) but since starting my Hypnobabies home study course I have such a peace and confidence about my upcoming birth and I highly recommend it! www.hypnobabies.com let me know if you have any other questions!

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options

ashfield above has some really good suggestions. start there. another book with all positive natural birth stories is "journey into motherhood", a good one to bring with you while you're waiting at the dr office (unless you're like me & cry at every story you read lol). also look into a lamaze/childbirth class that is held by an organization outside the hospitals. the one i took was run by 2 doulas who encouraged natural birth & taught a ton about natural ways to manage pain. your dr or MW should be able to suggest any groups or classes that would help. you may be able to find a bradley class in your area too, i've heard really good things about the bradley method.

good luck!!!!! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAshfieldMay:

Hi, welcome!

Also, this website has over 250 positive birth stories and videos www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com .

AshefieldMay, I have been on this site every day since you posted it last week! (I think it was last week, the pregnancy brain gets me sometimes!) I love it! Thanks!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you already know that you can pretty much get through the physical labor, since you were so close before, the mental block should be a little easier.  Practicing mental & physical relaxation together everyday should help a lot with that.  I'm in NC too if you need any more info!
  • Options
    imagebonnie_belle101:
    imageAshfieldMay:

Hi, welcome!

Also, this website has over 250 positive birth stories and videos www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com .

AshefieldMay, I have been on this site every day since you posted it last week! (I think it was last week, the pregnancy brain gets me sometimes!) I love it! Thanks!!

You're welcome!!!

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    I actually found pushing to be one of the easier parts of labor. If you made it all the way to 9 before, then you can do it again. Just remember that when you hit that point where you think you can't do it anymore, then you are probably hitting transition and to just focus and get through.  

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"