Philadelphia Babies
Options

Grandview Hospital - Sellersville

Does anyone have feedback on delivering at Grandview Hospital?  

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Grandview Hospital - Sellersville

• Options

I loved it. I had to have an emergency c-section 6/26/10 (the baby would not move past -2 and his blood pressure was dropping). The L&D nurses were fabulous. I had 3 and every time they switched I was sad. The maternity nurses were very nice also. I loved both of my rooms- although husbands do not have great accomodations if they want to sleep over after the baby is born. Everyone was so helpful.

The only issue I had was an unhappy recovery room nurse. She was not having a good day. The administration got news of her negative atittude and made her apologize to me the next day.

The only major complaint I have heard is when the maternity ward is full. I did not have this problem as there were only 4 babies on the floor for my entire 3.5 day stay. If they are busy, the rooms are pretty small to double up.

I live 45 minutes away but will defintely be going back for baby number 2

• Options

I delivered my first there 4/07 and will deliver my 2nd early November. They've redone the maternity ward since I was last there.  My friend has delivered 3 babies there and we've had no complaints...

I'd second the other poster that the rooms are small once the baby's born but are recently renovated.  The delivery rooms are huge and spacious and the nursery is nice.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I delievered there via c-section in March.  I had a 2 day induction so I had a few different nurses.  I only had a problem with 1 of them, but I think that was more of a personality conflict.  I had a great experience in their maternity ward.  I wasn't too fond of the lactation consultant though.  She kept trying to push one way of holding the baby during nursing that just wasn't comfortable for me. 

I would go back there to deliver a baby again, should we have another.  However, that is where my business with this hospital would stop.  I was in the cardiac ward for a few days in April and had a horrible experience. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I delivered there in opn christmas day 2009. I love most of the doctors but I was stuck with the one doctor I didn't like in the practice I go to. The nurse I had for most of the time I was in labor was horrible but all of the other nurses were really nice. The whole time I was pushing the nurse was in the hallway and I was in the room with my mom and husband. She kept coming in the room saying " I can hear you pushing really good from out in the hallway". If this hadn't been my first child I think I would have been more vocal about her actually being in the room. I had no idea what was the norm in delivering and I wish I had spoken up more about the whole delivery. I ended up having to have a c-section and the surgery went well and the healing process went great.

We lucked out and were able to have our own private room because there were only a few other babies born that weekend. I'm not sure if we just were stuck with a horrible nurse because it was a holiday and nobody else was there to work or what. I know alot of other people who delivered there and had a great experience - I may just be one of the few who didn't.

Now we are thinking about having a second child and I'm undecided about which hospital to go to...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My L&D experience was really great and so was my experience with my LC. ?She has been incredibly helpful since before my son was born (we took classes through the hospital and she was our instructor--after his birth, I brought him to Weigh & Learn which is run by the LC. ?It's a group for moms and babies). ?The one bad part of my experience was with the postpartum nursing staff. ?I had several who were not very pleasant and quite a few who pushed formula even though we told them distinctly that we did not want to use it. ?That said, the rest of my experience was so good that I would go there again for baby #2. ?I would just be quicker to shut down negative nursing staff--either saying something more confidently myself or formally complaining during my stay (instead of after discharge like I did this time). ?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I delivered at Grandview on 9/3/10, I was induced and had a great experience. I had the same nurse with me the nire time, except for when she went on lunch break. The L&D rooms are huge and comfortable. DH has a huge family and they had no problems with them hanging out in the room...up until the moment of course :).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Depends on what you are looking/hoping for I guess.

They are up to a 50% c/s rate last time I checked...so from my perspective, as a doula, that is not very 'mother friendly'.  And as far as being 'breastfeeding friendly'...

Well, I'd suggest rooming in with your baby as much as possible as I know from client and other doula experiences that since there are often so many babies in the nursery, they are often understaffed and babies are left crying for long periods of time before brought to their mamas. 

Lori ~ mom to 2 boys, wife, doula, and childbirth educator - www.delcodoula.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"