Hawaii Babies

I feel bad for DH

He has a friend who is getting divorced (we went to the wedding), but he has never really liked her H, just tolerated him.  We've all done that.  Anyway, he finally got to talk to her the other night, and there was a lot that went on, but she had it when he was physically violent to her.  She said there was a lot of things she can take, but violence is not one of them.  I was glad for her, but I feel bad too, b/c everyone is now telling her that they never liked her H, and she's learning she was really naive about stuff.  He really was just a big all around obnoxious jerk, and now she has to file for bankruptcy b/c their house was in her name and she can't afford the payments and he won't help.  Nightmare.  So MH is just sad for her - they were really good friends when they worked together.

DH also found out one of his friend's wives just passed away from cancer, and they have a 2 yr old.  He was saying he can't imagine having to tell our LO that I died.  He was really upset last night.  I told LO to be extra nice to daddy and give him extra hugs today. 

Re: I feel bad for DH

• Yikes, I'm so sorry to hear about his both friends' situations. Really rough times they must be going through. And I can't imagine any parent having to tell their LO that the other parent is gone. That's heart-breaking. My sympathies to YH and his friend's family.
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • thanks.

I got a call about 2 hours ago from MH: "I broke the baby".  Apparently he went to check something in the other room, and the baby was trying to stand and lost his balance and boom - smacked his head on the tile floor pretty hard.  LO has a HUGE bruise on his forehead and next to his eye.  poor kiddo.  Daddy needed less stress today, didn't I tell you that?

• Loading the player...
  • Poor guy - he's had a real run of bad news, hasn't he?

I know this will sound awful, but I kind of laughed when I read your post about "breaking the baby" (although obviously I hope the poor little dude heals up fast!), just because when Ben was having a bad day last week, he came home and picked up one of our sons to cuddle so he'd feel better...and then promptly bonked the boy's head on the coffee table (not hard enough to hurt, but enough to make him cry) so Ben ended up feeling even sh!ttier. Stick out tongue

• awww poor guy. that is really rough. he shouldn't feel bad about B bonking his head though...that stuff is inevitable and happens to all of us!
  • imageredshoegirl:

Poor guy - he's had a real run of bad news, hasn't he?

I know this will sound awful, but I kind of laughed when I read your post about "breaking the baby" (although obviously I hope the poor little dude heals up fast!), just because when Ben was having a bad day last week, he came home and picked up one of our sons to cuddle so he'd feel better...and then promptly bonked the boy's head on the coffee table (not hard enough to hurt, but enough to make him cry) so Ben ended up feeling even sh!ttier. Stick out tongue

I would have laughed too, and I did, but only after I realized he was ok, lol.  Baby cuddles always make me feel better too :) 

But he was cranky all last night - wouldn't go to sleep until midnight, then up every hour or so crying and we had to settle him.  I don't know if just his teeth are bothering him (I see 2 on the bottom that are really red and coming through) or if it was his head and I should take him to the dr.

• imageMrsNJSwimmer:
    I don't know if just his teeth are bothering him (I see 2 on the bottom that are really red and coming through) or if it was his head and I should take him to the dr.

my thought would be to call them ask if you should come in....better safe than sorry. 

• imagemrspresley:

imageMrsNJSwimmer:
    I don't know if just his teeth are bothering him (I see 2 on the bottom that are really red and coming through) or if it was his head and I should take him to the dr.

my thought would be to call them ask if you should come in....better safe than sorry. 

I just called them.  They said as long as he isn't lethargic, vomiting or otherwise acting abnormal, just to give him some ibuprofen b/c he probably has a headache.  But if he starts doing any of those things, I should take him to the ER b/c they could do a CT Scan which they don't have in the dr's office.

thanks. :)  I feel better now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"