Hawaii Babies
Options

Baby Haircut?

Do any of you cut your baby's hair? or get it cut?

Sometimes, ppl think LO is a girl (even when he's wearing blue) and I think it's because his hair is so long (it's running down his neck now =P). So I was thinking about trimming it but I seriously do NOT know how to cut hair and I'm kinda afraid of messing it up and making it look horrendous. But at the same time, I'm afraid to trust someone else (aka a barber) with sharp scissors around his head/ears/etc.

What do you ladies do about your LO's hair?

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies

Re: Baby Haircut?

• Options
    Heh, I've been wondering about this too...the pirates' hair is growing at the speed of light and I'm starting to wonder if my vague mental estimation of their first haircut being at around 1 year old is waaay off. Oh, and I'm way too scared to do it myself. Unless I use those round craft scissors you give to little kids. Stick out tongue
  • Options

imageredshoegirl:
    Unless I use those round craft scissors you give to little kids. Stick out tongue

LOL. That''s what I was thinking too...then at least I can blame the bad haircut on the scissors =P

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh, I'm dying to have Henry's hair cut!!!  I tuck it behind his ears all the time, 'cause it hangs down over them.  And the back.....don't even get me started!  Everyone raves about his hair, and it is beautiful, but it's just getting too long already.  I want to take him somewhere, but many places said they wouldn't until at least 6 months.  I don't want to cut it myself (at least not the first time), so I guess I'll just wait!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i've been wondering this recently, too!! her bangs are getting so long that they are getting in her eyes sometimes now and i am having to tuck the hair on the sides behind her ears all the time, too! funny b/c the back isn't long though :) i am not sure what is the typical age for a first hair cut but i guess it probably depends on the baby. for now i think we are just going to wait b/c i have no idea how to do it myself and i don't feel like having someone else do it just yet
  • Options

For boys, sure... Cut their hair when you feel it's time. But my friend with a boy cried when she did. And she says he's never looked like her baby since... He looks like a toddler. Well, he is now since he's a year. But her husband cut his bangs when he was about 10 months and she was very upset.

For girls... Don't cut their hair! We don't plan to! My friend cut her daughter's bangs because they kept getting in her eyes and as a result, she had straight bangs across her forehead. It looked... bad! My friend kept saying that she wished she hadn't and couldn't wait for her hair to grow out again.  

Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagemyday1708:

For boys, sure... Cut their hair when you feel it's time. But my friend with a boy cried when she did. And she says he's never looked like her baby since... He looks like a toddler. Well, he is now since he's a year. But her husband cut his bangs when he was about 10 months and she was very upset.

Ditto, we waited until Ashton was at least one (I am superstitious) and I am so sad that I had it cut. I asked her to keep it longer, but now he looks like he is rocking the justin bieber hair style.  He no longer looks like a baby and I hate it:-(

• Options
    imagemyday1708:

For girls... Don't cut their hair! We don't plan to! My friend cut her daughter's bangs because they kept getting in her eyes and as a result, she had straight bangs across her forehead. It looked... bad! My friend kept saying that she wished she hadn't and couldn't wait for her hair to grow out again.  

oh, good to know. thanks so much for the forewarning...guess i will just continue to pull it out of her eyes for now! :)

• Options
    Hmm, good to know! I definitely still want him to look like a baby, esp since he's still pretty young =P I guess the thing is...will the haircut still keep him looking like a baby if I don't cut the front but the back? For B, it's the back that's getting really long.
  • Options
    I don't have to worry about that for a while:)  Even though he had a ton of hair when we was born (i was tucking it behind his ears) it is now really thin on short
  • Options
    I don't have to worry about that for a while:)  Even though he had a ton of hair when we was born (i was tucking it behind his ears) it is now really thin and short
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"