Babies: 3 - 6 Months

any babies eating less with formula change

I changed to Targets Up&Up formula after the recall.  He isn't eating much and wondering if he doesn't like it.  He drinks a little, then pushes the bottle away and plays with the nipple.  Should I get him something else?

Re: any babies eating less with formula change

• Mine too. She did ok with the RTF Similac but I am going to try to use the Up and Up again and see how she does.  If she acts the same...RTF it is until the powder is back.  Grrr!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We changed her to Enfamil and she seems to like it, it's just harder to mix.  She seems to like it better and eat more.
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't change formula because the only thing that was recalled was the powder... the premixed similac in the jugs are okay to use!
  • Yes! My LO does the same thing! She's been on Similac Sensitive taking 4 oz every feeding for at least a month now, but we traded to Up&Up (the sensitive one) and she only takes at most 3 oz and then is just done.

I don't know if maybe its something with the brand or something. She takes it great, just not as much anymore. I thought she was the only one!

• I switched to the RTF with the recall, and she has been eating like a monster! She has increased her eating by 33% to 50%!!! People were telling me that maybe the beetles were more filling. LMAO!!!
    In the end, only kindness matters... -Jewel- Married 5.8.05 Mom to Tahlia Summer - born 6.21.2010
  • imagethemrs830:

Yes! My LO does the same thing! She's been on Similac Sensitive taking 4 oz every feeding for at least a month now, but we traded to Up&Up (the sensitive one) and she only takes at most 3 oz and then is just done.

I don't know if maybe its something with the brand or something. She takes it great, just not as much anymore. I thought she was the only one!

This! DD use to eat 6 oz at a feeding and now she is drinking 3-5 oz. I really don;t want to switch her formula again though! GRR! This recall is such a pain!

• imagepaislee30:
    We changed her to Enfamil and she seems to like it, it's just harder to mix.  She seems to like it better and eat more.

This! DD isn't really eating more, but she certainly likes the enfamil. I heard with generic the taste is different than the brand-names. that's the big difference between them. Maybe she just doesn't like the flavor? 

I agree, enfamil is harder to mix but she likes it and we will stick with it for now!

• Enfamil tastes much different than the Similac and the Up and Up is closer in taste to the Similac.  My DD was fussy on the Enfamil so I tasted them all (Similac, Enfamil and Up and Up) and Enfamil is grossss! LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It must.  I used a sample I had last night to make Liam's rice cereal and he wouldn't eat it at all and he loves his rice cereal.

Which is funny b/c we had no problems with Enfamil's night time formula.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"