Breastfeeding
Options

THRUSH?

How do you know if you have it? Do I call my OB or baby's doctor?

Re: THRUSH?

• Options

My nipples turned bright pink and shiny and they itched and burned.  I also had shooting pains in my breasts. 

https://breastfeeding.hypermart.net/thrush.html 

I called my OB when I had it.  I also called the pedi to get Nystatin for DD.  You both need to be treated even if only one of you has symptoms.  Otherwise you can keep passing it back and forth. 

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options

I'm just getting over yeast mastitis... My son had thrush (we treated) but he passed it on to me and I passed it back to him =/ At first it started out with red cracked nipples despite a perfect latch/nursing and I let it go for a week so it progressed in to shooting pains thru both sides anytime my son woould nurse or when I had a letdown. Try to get the thrush treated before it gets to the entire breasts or else its REALLY painful

Make sure that when you are treating yourself (I called my OB) that you wash all of your sheets, bras, towels or anything else that the girls have sat in for a long time in HOT water to kill off the bacteria...the stuff is hard to kill. Along with 2 weeks worth of diflucan I'm rubbing some of my sons nystatin scrip on my nipples and I wear fresh breast pads every day so I dont contaminate my bras etc

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you have had it, how long did it take to get over it? It seems like keeping on breastfeeding with it would be hard to get rid of.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"