Orange County Babies
Options

Hi Everybody!  I have been on the bump before, but have been away for a little while now.  My daughter is almost 16 months and we are currently going through a medical scare.  Her left mainstem bronchus is compressed 90% causing her to gasp for air when she is really upset.  We thought we figured it out, but then the CT came back normal, so we are back to square one with what is going on with her.  The past 5 weeks have been incredibly hard, especially since all of my mommy friends live far away.  So I guess I am hoping to be able to talk to a few locals and get some ideas to get out more and try to shake the little rain cloud that seems to be hanging over my head.

Re: Newbie

• Options
    So sorry about your little one. Have you posted on other boards for advice??
  • Options
    Not on this site.  I have a few friends in the medical field, so I have been picking their brain.  Hopefully we will get into the pulmonologist soon and they will have some answers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm very sorry... stay strong. Could she possible be allergic to something? My brother's throat swells up after eating something he's allergic to.  This has been happening since he was a baby.  
  • Options
    We have seen an ENT, a thoracic surgeon and a pulmonologist along with having a chest xray, CT, Bronchoscopy and an echo.  After all of that, they feel she will outgrow the compression as her chest cavity gets larger.  It is so great to hear that her heart and lungs are okay and since she is growing and full of energy, everything points to outgrowing it.  Thanks for all of the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"