Military Families

New here, from NOVA!

Hello ladies!

Very exciting to join this club, although I am almost at the end of my pregnancy.

I am 25w prego, this is my first time, and it was not planned..

I moved here with my husband who is in the USCG from Alaska, and needless to say, I miss AK like crazy! 

If there's anyone who's ever had their babies at the Ft Belvoir Hospital, I would LOVE to hear from you because I have a few questions.

:)

Re: New here, from NOVA!

• I have a friend who was a CNM at Belvoir.  She's at Knox now.  She's not on tb but if no one else responds, pm me and I'll try and send her your ?'s.
  • I live on Belvoir, I'm due Jan 2nd, but will be delivering at the end of December. What village do you live in, if you live on post?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey. My husband and I are in USCG and I just PCSed from Sitka, Alaska (he was in Fl). Where were you guys stationed? 
  • I have no idea about the hospital, but I just wanted to say hi.  We recently PCS'd to Quantico.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We just PCS'ed too and are planning on  having our DS at the FT Belvoir hospital. Many of the people that I've talked with at my office have been very pleased with the service they recieved from DeWitt. Personally, Its been so hard for me to just get an appointment, so I started off not too happy with the health care system.
  • Do you live on post? We're having our son on Decc 27th.
  • We live in MD/NOVA/DC area. DH just ETS'ed in July. DS was born at NNMC. I opted not to go to Belvoir for my care because I was unimpressed by their treatment. I cannot say enough good things about NNMC.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • One of my best friends is a labor and delivery nurse at dewitt and I was just asking her questions. I think just like any other hospital ur gunna have ppl who like it and ppl who don't like it. I guess its just up to you. She said that all of the ob/gyns are good except dr fugate. She also recommended midwife goodnight if your going to do midwifery. Hope this helps! I'm still unsure of whether or not I wanna do a military hospital delivery or not. I was wondering if any of you ladies have suggestions for a civilian ob/gyn. I live in dumfries but am willing to travel for drs appts.
  • imagelovelyophelia:
    We live in MD/NOVA/DC area. DH just ETS'ed in July. DS was born at NNMC. I opted not to go to Belvoir for my care because I was unimpressed by their treatment. I cannot say enough good things about NNMC.

NNMC? Where's that at?

I had our DS at Ft Belvoir... My labor was not easy but the care I got there DURING labor was good, it would've been great if my dr would have been more "in tune" with what was going on during it.

• imagelovelyophelia:
    We live in MD/NOVA/DC area. DH just ETS'ed in July. DS was born at NNMC. I opted not to go to Belvoir for my care because I was unimpressed by their treatment. I cannot say enough good things about NNMC.

How close are you from Ft Belvoir? Can you opt not to use a MTF?? I thought you did not have an option unless you lived far from a MTF... please enlighten me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"