Potty Training

How did you know when to start

I was just wondering what made you decide it was a good time to start the potty training process?  

DS now announces when he has poop in his diaper about 50% of the time. But he doesn't mind being wet at all.  He doesn't show any interest in the potty so I don't think we are quite there yet.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How did you know when to start

• Most of what I read advised to start between 27-32 months. (My son is currently 28mo)

My son would poop in his pants and tell me, too, but would sit wet until we checked him.  He began talking very well and was able to articulate to me that things were "too hot, sticky, he felt cold etc." in just everyday talk, so I figured he could articulate that he was feeling some urgency to go to the bathroom.

I've heard other indicators are waking up dry from a nap, showing interest in the potty...I let my son sit on the potty a few times and we read a potty book and it seemed to make sense to him. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Liv started taking her diapers off and then her pullups but the first sign was in school when she told her teacher that she had to pee pee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"