Blended Families
Options

BM said...

most likely not this year, but next year is a good possibility. She is pro homeschooling, she just doesn't want to take them out mid year. I can't blame her for that. So we won't know any definite answers until that time approaches, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Re: BM said...

• Options

imageshortyred919:
    most likely not this year, but next year is a good possibility. She is pro homeschooling, she just doesn't want to take them out mid year. I can't blame her for that. So we won't know any definite answers until that time approaches, but I'm excited nonetheless.

That sounds like a pretty reasonable answer. Now you have even more time to get her on board. Big Smile

• Options
    That's awesome! Now you have time to plan things out, and really get her on board with the idea. Congrats!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sweet!  Out of curiosity (because home schooling really interests me) what types of things are you going to get them involved in to make up for the lack of social interaction with kids their age?  
  • Options

imagecandycigs:
    Sweet!  Out of curiosity (because home schooling really interests me) what types of things are you going to get them involved in to make up for the lack of social interaction with kids their age?  

I live in an area with 120 families that homeschool. They have regular gatherings, activities, classes, and lessons that go on. They would definitely have socialization. As long as you make an effort to find stuff for them to do, there is no reason they will lack in social skills.

• Options
    Don't forget to check your State's laws on homeschooling and the use of the public school's sports.  Many states allow for that, since you are still paying your taxes that go to the school.
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options

imageIlumine:
    Don't forget to check your State's laws on homeschooling and the use of the public school's sports.  Many states allow for that, since you are still paying your taxes that go to the school.

That's cool to know! 

• Options

imageIlumine:

I think our state does allow it. My MOH was homeschooled and was on her nearby schools gymnastics teams. Thanks for bringing that up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"