3rd Trimester
Options

Pineapple to induce labor..

I am 40 weeks 2 days today and am eating an entire pineapple for breakfast...wonder if it will help?!  I'll be incuced this Tuesday if I dont go into labor onmy own but am praying something happens soon...I always imagined going into labor on my own, not by scheduling it...anyone else try pineapple?

Re: Pineapple to induce labor..

• Options
    I eat pineapple all the time. It's another OWT. You're better off doing the deed and walking.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Options

imageJ+MS:
    I eat pineapple all the time. It's another OWT. You're better off doing the deed and walking.

I love pineapple and eat it all the time, never heard of it inducing. get laid, that should work!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pineapple sounds good but dont know if it will work.  these babies can be so stubborn :)  good luck!
  • Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but I was planning on getting some next week. Everyone just keeps saying have sex, that will do it for sure, but that's painful eating pineapple isn't.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ~*Mrs.Gallegos*~
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the only thing eating an entire pineapple will induce is diarrhea, lol.
    imageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

M mw told me to start eating raw pineapple at 37 weeks along with all the other things that are supposed to induce labor. 

My cousin had her baby 2 days ago and she swears that these cookies are what did it for her.

https://www.shoppingfortwo.com/Articles/Pregnancy/breakyourwatercookies.htm

• Options
    It is a bunch of BS.  I tried it with DS and it didn't work.  I went a week late but finally did go on my own.  I asked the Dr about pineapple and he said it wouldn't work.  He said the only thing that could help was sex. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelindsayluong12:
    I'm pretty sure the only thing eating an entire pineapple will induce is diarrhea, lol.

Yep, pretty much. LOL!

• Options
    I would suggest taking a long walk with your husband, coming home, taking a warm bath, having sex with nipple stimulation(may send you over the edge, but nothing brings on contractions like some nipple stimulation).  Just some thoughts.  We "induced naturally"- by breaking my water and then my hubs did nipple simulation, daughter was born around 4 hours later.
  • Options

I have my doubts about having sex and going for walks too - I've been doing both on a very regular basis and I'm still 2 days overdue and absolutely NO progress.

All the OWT foods are ones that cause diarrhea because colon contractions can *maybe* start uterine contractions too. Isn't the body a wonderful thing?!

Lookin' Down
  • Options
    Idk about the pineapple thing...I just don't think the sex thing really works. Tomorrow I'll b.e 37 weeks. My H and i do it all the time and the doctor tells me that I don't seem to even be near dday...not for lack of trying though
  • Options

imagetlvhaynes:
    Idk about the pineapple thing...I just don't think the sex thing really works. Tomorrow I'll b.e 37 weeks. My H and i do it all the time and the doctor tells me that I don't seem to even be near dday...not for lack of trying though

That's because you're only 37 weeks. Sex only works if your body is ready...I was still closed up tight at 37 weeks with no dilation or effacement so no, sex didn't send me into labor.

"Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Options

Honestly, I've gone for a walk every night since I had to stop going to the gym. Hubby and I still have sex about 5xs a week (Im one of the few where my sex drive just increased throughout the pregnancy). I made the "Jump start your labor cookies" this past wednesday. I even watch TV sitting on my yoga ball. I am only 1cm dialated. I honestly believe that he will come when he is ready and there is nothing I can do about it. Really though I wish I could be more encouraging, and I hope the pinapple  works for you. Good luck.

• Options
    i dont know if it had any effect or not but I had a whole pineapple over the course of 3 days, between Tues-Thurs and I delivered on Friday 9-17. I had been drinking pineapple orange juice every night for several weeks and was already dilated to 4 cm previously. I also tried accu-pressure points the day prior to delivery as well. So whether it was the pineapple, accu-pressure, or just my body was ready, I did deliver shortly after having fresh pineapple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"