Houston Babies
Options

Cloth Diaper Stores in Houston

Are there any places that sell cloth diapers in Houston?  The only place that has come up when I search is Nurtured Family.  Does anyone know of other places?  Thanks so much:)

Re: Cloth Diaper Stores in Houston

• Options
    There's a consignment shop on Ella St. in Oak Forest called Young & Restless. They have a small section of cloth diapers. I bought a few pocket diapers made by Diaper Change Diapers and they are okay. I like my BG's much better though.
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013
    Baby Boy -  EDD April 12, 2015

• Options
    The lady that owns Nurtured Family is really sweet and very helpful.  They have classes on cloth diapering.  It might be a good idea to take one, explore your options and then choose what you want to use.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

There is a store called Bebe Verde or something like that on on W. Alabama, but I didn't like it much. The girl working there didn't seem to know much about CDs and you could tell that she had never personally diapered a baby.

I may have just went in there on an off day, but I was not impressed. 

I've been wanting to go to Nurtured Family, but it's so far away. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Bebe Verde actually went out of business, but they didn't have a very large selection either. There's a store that sells organic baby items on Hwy 59 and Buffalo Speedway called One Green Street. Last time I was there they didn't have diapers but the owner said they may start carrying them soon.
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013
    Baby Boy -  EDD April 12, 2015

• Options

imagealy&jj:
    There's a consignment shop on Ella St. in Oak Forest called Young & Restless. They have a small section of cloth diapers. I bought a few pocket diapers made by Diaper Change Diapers and they are okay. I like my BG's much better though.

Young & Restless is no longer there -- it's now a doggie daycare.  I'm not sure if they've just relocated or closed down. 

• Options

Young and The Restless did move, here is their new site, and they have a great selection.

Nurtured Family has a great selection. 

Diaper Change is a local lady who does cloth diapers. I don't have personal experience with her but have heard she has good goods. :)

Children's Carousel has great consignment and cloth diapers. 

Earthy Babes in Katy TX? Anyone have experience with them?

Cloth Baby is a local online-store. No experience with them either

Belles & Beaus - consignment that I have found cloth diapers at.

You can also get some cloth from Baby's R Us... just an idea. :)

• Options
    Not a store - but the maker of Squeezie Cheeks is a local WAHM.  She converted me to cloth, and I am really enjoying using her pocket/AI2s.
  • Options
    imageSageBeginnings:

Young and The Restless did move, here is their new site, and they have a great selection.

Nurtured Family has a great selection. 

Diaper Change is a local lady who does cloth diapers. I don't have personal experience with her but have heard she has good goods. :)

Children's Carousel has great consignment and cloth diapers. 

Earthy Babes in Katy TX? Anyone have experience with them?

Cloth Baby is a local online-store. No experience with them either

Belles & Beaus - consignment that I have found cloth diapers at.

You can also get some cloth from Baby's R Us... just an idea. :)

It looks like Earthy Babes may be online only? I haven't heard of them and it looks like there's no way to visit. That's a residential address.

I've been into Nurtured Family and Children's Carousel. I've bought some of my stash at Children's Carousel, in fact. They're very nice and extremely knowledgeable there. I need to go by Young and Restless at some point, I've heard their cloth diaper chat is good.

Kissaluvs is based out of Houston, and Children's Carousel sometimes gets some of their tester diapers (they're also a retailer of them). The size 0s are fabulous for newborns.

BRU's cloth selection sucks a lot.  It's mostly gdiapers.

I bought my newborn stash off a friend, but my permanent stash has come from Children's Carousel for the used stuff (and my new Rumparooz and Rocky MOuntain Diaper) and the other pockets are from online retailers. 

imageimage

• Options
    imagejeneric04:
    Not a store - but the maker of Squeezie Cheeks is a local WAHM.  She converted me to cloth, and I am really enjoying using her pocket/AI2s.
    LOVE that name :) Squeezie Cheeks :)
  • Options
    imageQuizzle:

It looks like Earthy Babes may be online only? I haven't heard of them and it looks like there's no way to visit. That's a residential address.

I do believe so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"