Pregnant after IF
Options

XP: Pregnant using IVF with non-motile sperm?

I was wondering if anybody was in our position.  We have extremely low numbers (about 100,000 to 200,000) and then we have little to no motile sperm in either ejaculate or TESE.  We are trying to figure out if doing IVF with ICSI is anyway even possible with non-motile sperm, and wondering if anybody else had any success?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: XP: Pregnant using IVF with non-motile sperm?

• Options

I am not sure what my DHs numbers were for our actual IVF procedures.  But at his last SA in June he had ~100,000 motile sperm with 0% morphology and so far we are having a successful IVF#1.

Good Luck!

• Options
    I'm not exactly sure on numbers, but DH had low mobility and we did ICIS and have been successful!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies-we actually have 0 motile sperm.  At least we did for IVF #1- and they did the testicular extraction and they only found 1.  So they just aren't moving at all.

We ICSI'd 10 eggs, and only 4 actually fertilized.  We did a 3 day transfer of 2, and a BFN.

Most people have *some* that are moving-DH is just special Big Smile

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DH had REALLY low motility and (fingers crossed) all is going well with IVF w/ ICSI #2. Our first IVF w/ ICSI, they only retrieved 2 eggs and both didn't fertilize with ICSI. But we were with a terrible RE and clinic. Needless to say, we switched :D Good luck to you sweetie!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I did a total of five ETs before I got pg. My DH has azoospermia. They are able to find sperm in his testicles but the counts are horrendous. I don't know the exact numbers but the last time he did it they were only able to find 8 sperm and obviously they were the magic ones. They "woke" them up and were able to fertilize 3 for me to transfer and 2 to freeze.

GOOD LUCK! 

TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had low motility, but I don't remember the exact numbers. I do know that we got a referral from the urologist to move straight to IVF because of the low #. We did IVF with ICSI and had success on our 1st cycle. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"