Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Help! DD takes her diaper off during naptime and then goes to the bathroom in the PNP

This past week at daycare during naptime DD will take off her diaper and then proceed to either pee or poop in the PNP where she sleeps.  The first day she thought it was funny but now when my DCP goes to get her she'll start crying.  My DCP doesn't scold her but DD knows she shouldn't have done that.  So what can I do to get her to stop doing this.  We've tried a onsie and she can get it off.  And is this a sign she's ready to potty train?  If so how do even go about starting this with her?  We have a potty chair that she thinks it's fun to sit on for about 30 seconds but she never goes.
imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

Re: Help! DD takes her diaper off during naptime and then goes to the bathroom in the PNP

• Options
    Wish I could help!  DS has ripped off 3 poopy diapers today already.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options

DUCT TAPE!!!

DS was doing that for a while, but isn't interested in the potty. My mom suggested taping his diaper and duct tape was the only tape that he couldn't peel off.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

So, since DS has always been in his crib, we used sleep sacks...not for the SIDS risk but because it was the only way to ensure that he kept his blanket on. When he started getting undressed, I turned the sleep sack inside out so the zipper would be on the inside. He figured that out so we made our own custom sleep sacks with a inside zipper that is on his back. Now, he can't get out of it and take his clothes off. I was so tired of cleaning his crib sheets at 2 in the morning or after every nap. He just can't be trusted right now.

I also know some people buy sleepers and then cut the feet off so they can turn the zipper around.

ETA: DS is "pee" potty trained but only during the day. Since he still sleeps in his crib, we haven't started night training yet.
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • Options

Emerson has taken her diaper off but, never gone to the bathroom in the bed.  I put shorts or pj bottoms on her and that keeps her from taking it off.

I've also heard of putting a sleep and play or whatever on backwards and they can't get it off but, it's still comfortable enough to sleep in-never tried it though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You could try having your DCP put the diaper on backwards for naps. Or like PP said try duct tape. I tried this with my girls and they both figured it out in like 10 seconds, so it didn't work for us, but they are 2 and can also take their clothes of including pants, so they are really good at getting things off themselves. So I put these https://www.diapers.com/product/productdetail.aspx?productid=38351 over their pullups for naps and bedtime, they run on the small side, so my girls cannot get them off, because they are really snug around the legs. They also work well because if for some reason they pee through the pull up, which is rare, this training pant catches the leak and everything is still dry.

For me when my girls started taking their diapers off during the day when they were running around and wanting to be naked all the time that is when I started potty training. But they were 25 months old when they did this. Since they wanted to be naked all the time, I just pull out their potties and put them out in the familyroom where they got get to them easily. It took about 2 days of accidents where the pee was running down their legs or they would be standing in a puddle, where they finally got that there was nothing catching the pee anymore and they didn't like that so they started going on the potties. I didn't even have to ask them to go, they just ran right up and went when they needed to.

Then after the first week, I worked on having them in panties when they were in the house and keeping them on instead of wanting to be bare bottom all the time. After another week I was able to move the potties into the bathroom and they went in when they needed to. Then after a month I was able get them using the big potty. We are now a 100% trained at home. We are now trying to work on going in the public bathroom or in the back of the car with a travel potty. This has been more of a challenge for us, so we are in pull ups when out in public, but we are dry when getting home most of the time.

I would wait to start training until she starts really showing interest in the potty or she starts taking her clothes off and diaper all day long. She is still kind of young. I tried doing the 3 day method when my girls were 22 months because I thought they were ready and it was a complete fail. So I put them back in diapers for the summer and then they initated themselves at 25 months like I said by taking their diapers off all day long.

• Options
    How did you let them run with their diapers off without peeing on the carpet?
    imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

• Options
    Sorry should have mentioned my house is all tile and wood flooring. I probably would not have done it if I had carpeting or else I would have been right next to them all the time to clean up messes right away, if I was brave enough to do it with carpet.
  • Options
    My bff uses duct tape or painters tape on her son. He calls it his "belt". She just wraps it around the top of his diaper twice. We use sleep sacks and when he figured out how to unzip them, I sewed a lobster claw clasp at the bottom and hook the zipper tab through it once zipped. My mil made these sacks for us and I'm going to have her make the next ones with the zipper in the back.
  • Options

We've had luck with footie pj's on backwards. I didn't cut the feet out, you can just turn them around at the bottom of the leg and it works fine.

Good luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ah yes... fun times:) We had the same problem so we started putting DS's underwear (that he loved but would pee in) over the diaper. He would leave his alone after that. It was a short lived phase too.. hopefully the same for you.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"