Oregon Babies

Suggestions for OR Coast with Toddler

We are coming to Portland for a wedding in October and then will be heading south down the coast back to Nor Cal with our 2.5 year old. Any suggestions for cool, off the beaten path places to stay, eat and play. We would like to do some toddler appropriate hiking. Any thoughts? TIA

Re: Suggestions for OR Coast with Toddler

• We love Yachats. We stay at the Yachats Inn (www.yachatsinn.com) - there is a swimming pool, a huge lawn and a beautiful beach with lots of tide pools. The coffee shop (Green Salmon I think?) has amazing breakfast food. Cape Perpetua is close for hiking, although I'd recommend some kind of carrying device for your kiddo b/c of the cliffs. Have fun!
  • There's an Aquarium in Newport that is pretty cool.

Also, the Sea Lion Caves.

Best food in Lincoln City, is Pier 101 Restaurant, we LOVE it there, and it's family friendly, delicious food!!  Also, for a very casual lunch, eat at Mo's in Lincoln City!

In Seaside, my favorite restaurant is Norma's, it's right on the main strip and has GREAT food, also totally family friendly, and not expensive at all.

I love Cannon Beach and it's a great place to stroller walk and shop, BUT I never like any of the meals that I've had there.  Overpriced and not very tasty.  My favorite hotel in Cannon Beach is the Surf Sand, but I don't think that's what you're looking for, it's very luxurious.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hatfield science center is AWESOME its really close to the aquarium but more hands on. 

La Roca is AWESOME and delish mexican food.

My favorite restraunt in Lincoln city is Inn at Spanish head. Its really nice, REALLY yummy and kid friendly.

Since your heading down the coast waldport has some nice beaches.

Florence and Coos bay are also awesome.

Have a nice trip!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"