South Florida Babies
Options

Thursh??

Good Morning Ladies,

I know there is a lot of mommys her who nursed or are nursing and i was wondering if anyone experienced thursh and what they did to cure it. I have been reading alot but i want to know what actually worked for some people.

Baby doesnt havent it thank god. I have been putting some cream but i dont think its getting better agh.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thursh??

• Options

Thrush is the worst.  :(

I used the cream for two rounds and it wouldn't go away. 

What worked best for me was Grapefruit Seed Extract (not grape seed extract!) diluted in water after every nursing.  There was a big difference within a few days.  Also be aware that yeast can survive the wash (bras, tanks, sheets) unless you use hot water, a little bleach or about 50 drops of GSE. 

Grapefruit Seed Extract Grapefruit seed extract can be used while using the all purpose nipple ointment. Apply the diluted liquid grapefruit seed extract on the nipples, then the ointment (both after the feeding). Directly on the nipples: Mix five to 10 drops in 30 ml (1 ounce) of water. Use cotton swab or Q-tip to apply on both nipples and areolas after the feeding. Let dry a few seconds.  Use until pain is gone.

https://www.breastfeedingonline.com/candidiaprotocalpdf.pdf

• Options

I never had this, but I thought I did for a while and did lots of research I think I recall the grapefruit seed extract and the Violet Gentian being by far the most effective treatments. There is also an oral medication the doctor can prescribe that is good, too. Maybe (Diflucan?)    Don't reuse your towels or your bras and add vinegar to your rinse cycle, it will kill it completely and it won't leave any odor, don't worry.   Also, reduce your sugar intake for a while because yeast feeds off of sugar and don't stop nursing, your baby will be fine  =)    And taking probiotics is also very good because the antiboitic will wipe out all your bacteria, good and bad, and you nned to encourage the good bacteria to come back. Kellymom.com has some great info.  The Candida protocal by Dr. Newman is SUPER effective.  A multipronged attacked is the best way to get rid of this quickly  some strains can be super resistant and they'll come back over and over again. 

https://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/thrush/thrush-resources.html

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank u ladies
  • Options

Even if you DD shows no symptoms, she can still have it. It is important to treat both mom & baby! Go here & see the info on using Gentian Violet. She will look like she ate blueberry pie for a few days, but if she goes untreated you will just pass it on back & forth. Hope that helps! https://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12:candida-protocol&catid=5:information&Itemid=17

• Options
    Thanks i took her to her pedi to get checked and have been scared to nurse her so i havent.
  • Options
    The girls have already given you good advice but I want to chime in... I had thrush with my first and it was terrible we kept passing it back and forth. Finally I was prescribed Diflucan and sebastian was given Nystatin. Worked wonders. Whatever you do make sure BOTH of you are treated. Regardless, you don't have to stop nursing. Thrush sucks but it's not the end of the world. Many of us had had to deal with it. I had it with both kids but it was far worse with my first. I pry not to get it this time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"