Postpartum Depression
Options

When will I be happy?

I've been working so hard to overcome this PPD or anxiety or whatever I have. I am on Lexapro and it's kind of working, but the other day I spilled a glass of soda and just lost my mind. I was hysterical. It's partly because I'm tired but I can't sleep because all night I'm so anxious as to what LO is doing (DH sleeps with LO in the living room and LO is in his pack n play. He will move to his crib soon and then DH will come back to bed, but he does this to help me sleep. It doesn't always work.). I'm never happy, always worrying, and sad a lot of the time. LO is almost 4 months old. When will I feel better?? :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When will I be happy?

• Options
    I'm so sorry, are you also seeing a counselor?
  • Options

At least you are actively trying to get better :o) Like PP said, have you seen a counselor? Maybe it would help to talk to somebody. Also, maybe talk to your doctor about our dosage...maybe its not enough thats why its kinda working, but not working as well as it should. Good luck!

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. -FDR
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would say you probably need a stronger dose of medication, a different medication and talking to a counselor would help a lot.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would call your doc bout the dosage.  I just started Zoloft yesterday, but was told to call if I didn't see a change in 4 weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Options

I feel your pain. I basically have your exact same symptoms.

I have yet to do a night shift with my own baby, because I have night anxiety as well.

Your DH seems supportive.

Definitely talk to your doctor and try to join a support group

hugs

18 Months!! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel your pain and my anxiety was almost worse then my depression. I got switched to Celexa and I swear my life is changing. See about a different med or something just for anxiety short term like clonazepam. GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"