Minnesota Babies

New to the board, need midwife recs

I didn't even know there were local boards on the Bump until yesterday. Color me embarrassed. I've been missing out on this great resource for months now! Hope I can get to know you ladies and attend some of the GTGs and outings.

I'm wondering if anyone of you have a home birth or birth center midwife you could recommend? I know I can just do a Google search, which I've done, but it's a far cry from hearing personal experiences and knowing where to start. Oh, I'm in Forest Lake, so anything in the metro would be fine.

I really appreciate any help. Thanks so much!

Edited: Apparently I can't spell some words Smile

Re: New to the board, need midwife recs

• Hi!

I have been seeing the midwives at the Park Nicollet Clinic (there are a couple locations, I think - I go to the Minneapolis one on Blaisdell Ave.).  There is a group of about 6-8 midwives and I have now met with almost all of them. I won't know who will be on call at the hospital (they deliver at Methodist Hospital), so I wanted to become familiar with all of them through my regular appointments.  So far I like them all and they have the same philosophy, so I feel good about that.

I have been taking yoga through Blooma and at the St. Paul location there is a birth center on the first floor.  It is an organization called Health Foundations https://www.health-foundations.com/.  I don't have personal experience with the birth center, but several of the women in yoga have given birth there or will be delivering there.  It seems like a good place!

• imageluciannab:

I have been taking yoga through Blooma and at the St. Paul location there is a birth center on the first floor.  It is an organization called Health Foundations https://www.health-foundations.com/.  I don't have personal experience with the birth center, but several of the women in yoga have given birth there or will be delivering there.  It seems like a good place!

I met these midwives at the Birth & Baby Expo this weekend and really liked them. I was leaning in that direction but was still looking for personal experience. It's nice to hear there are a lot of women in your yoga class that are going with them. I'm sure they're great.

• Loading the player...
  • I used Erin Kaspar-Frett for my home birth. I would definitely recommend her.  https://earthmothermidwife.com/Welcome.html

I also interviewed Emme Corbeil and Claire Welter; they seemed great too.

I'd say Erin had more of a calming vibe while Emme and Claire had more of a positive/friendly vibe.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had homebirths with both of my children. It was such a wonderful experience I would recommend it to anyone who as leaning in that direction! My midwife was Maureen Dahl of Heritage Midwifery, what a wonderful help & support she was and really took the time to listen and make me feel like myself and my baby were being well cared for. You can find her in a search on google and Facebook- Heritage Midwifery. If you would just like her phone number just let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"