Babies: 3 - 6 Months

too big for changing table?

Hi Ladies,

So Jackson is almost 5 mos and I think he was 24 inches at his last appointment at 4 mos. He seems to be getting too tall for the changing table and I really thought I'd get a lot more use out of it than that. When did people generally stop using the changing table? Where do you change him when LO is too tall for the chaning table?

Thanks

Re: too big for changing table?

• Do you mean the changing pad that goes on top or an actual changing table?

My DS is 4.5mos, at 4mos he was 20.1lbs and 27".......and we're still using the changing pad that's on top of the dresser. Doesn't seem like he's outgrowing so maybe you mean a seperate changing table? Are those smaller?

• DD is 26 inches and she still fits the changing pad on her dresser in her room.  I don't know what we are going to start using when she gets to big.  Maybe get another pad? lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Our changing table is on top of a dresser also - but it has a wooden perimeter around the changing pad so if he's not close enough to the top where his head goes then he hits his feet on the wood part. Also the changing table on the PNP he's close to hitting his fitt on the edge also.

• imagecplakos1:

Our changing table is on top of a dresser also - but it has a wooden perimeter around the changing pad so if he's not close enough to the top where his head goes then he hits his feet on the wood part. Also the changing table on the PNP he's close to hitting his fitt on the edge also.

DD's feet are close to hitting, too, but I don't think that matters. As long as her butt and head fit, we're good to go.

• DS was 26" at his 4 month appt and we're still using our changing table. He'll outgrow it soon though. I'll probably start changing him on the spare bed in his room or on the floor. Not sure it really matters...
  • my 21 month old is 33.5 (at is 18 mo visit) and normally I use the floor, but I used DD's changing table to the other day to change him and he was fine...like pp said as long as their butts and heads are on it you are fine. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"