Minnesota Babies

Changing Table vs. Dresser with Changing Pad

Anybody have an opinion about what works best?  Does the railing help keep baby safe?  I'm having a hard time comparing them. 

Re: Changing Table vs. Dresser with Changing Pad

• we really wanted something that could grow with DS. that's pretty much the main reason we ended up w/a dresser w/changing table topper. my parents got it for us as a girt - it's from pottery barn & the topper is hinged from the back (if that makes sense) so it's completely removable when we're done w/diapers. we plan on doing the same for any other kids we have. we love it! it really helped when we were looking to go into some stores & see the options in person.
  • We just have a low dresser that I put a changing pad on top. I just figure they'd outgrow a changing table and then what do you do with it? I never worry about her falling off, I'm always right there. We got the dresser at Ikea and it's worked great.

imageCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemplsbride31:

We just have a low dresser that I put a changing pad on top. I just figure they'd outgrow a changing table and then what do you do with it? I never worry about her falling off, I'm always right there. We got the dresser at Ikea and it's worked great.

Pretty much this, except that instead of a low dresser from IKEA, we have a deep bookshelf that DH built to go with the changing pad.  It will be usable furniture for us long after our kids are out of diapers.

• We actually did neither.  When she was little, DD slept in our room in a PNP since her bedroom is downstairs.  We had a Graco PNP that had the "changing table" attachment.  When she outgrew that, we just used a changing pad on the floor for a while until I discovered this gem:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3190407

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I use a dresser with a changing pad on top.   The changing pad has straps that screw into the back of the dresser and the is cupped to help prevent her from rolling off.  I didn't want to pay $100 for the changing table that would have no purpose after a year.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • We got a malm dresser from Ikea (the 3 drawer version) and put a 4 sided changing pad on top.  Works like a charm since we don't have any room for extra furniture in her room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Neither!  I really wanted a changing table but DH said we'd never use it and so we just got a nice dresser instead. 

We just change her on the floor with a changing mat and towel.  Nothing fancy - but it works just fine for us!

• We bought a dresser off Craigslist and will get a pad to put on top of it.
  • We actually got a changing table, and with 3 shelves below, we're now using it as a bookcase for DD's room.  We still keep all of the changing supplies on the changing table, and now that she's too big for the table, we change her on the floor.  But we just turned our table into a bookcase!  Make sense, kinda??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"