2nd Trimester
Options

XP- Car Seat - Alpha Omega 3-in-1 Walmart?

Not sure which this seat is... couldn't find it on the Safety first site (nor could I find the Safety 1st Enspira that Canadian Tire carries?).

It is on sale reg $169.99 for $99.00 this week at walmart, and if DH and I like the looks of it we were thinking of buying it. Anybody know anything more about this seat that they could pass on? Advice? Experience? Walmart baby gear feedback?

We want the convertible because we spend a lot of time on the road, and are hoping to avoid an infant seat altogether (although we know if baby is really tiny this may not work.) One thing we want to be sure of is that it will be comfortable for baby, a lot have places where the material overlaps that they would be sitting, etc. This we can tell from looking at it, but most stuff we need experienced users.

Our car is a VW Jetta, 2010. I also plan to make sure we can return it if it doesn't fit the car... 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket

Re: XP- Car Seat - Alpha Omega 3-in-1 Walmart?

• Options
    Not sure about this specific seat... but I definitely think you'll want an infant seat.  A newborn would absolutely drown in a "big" carseat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It does not fit infants very well. The lowest harnesses slots are to high. It's hard to install rear facing. Will not last a child past 3-4 years old because the garners slots are to short. And it makes a crappy booster seat. I would spend a little more on a car seat that's going to last longer and fit a newborn better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagedarlene'smommy:
    It does not fit infants very well. The lowest harnesses slots are to high. It's hard to install rear facing. Will not last a child past 3-4 years old because the garners slots are to short. And it makes a crappy booster seat. I would spend a little more on a car seat that's going to last longer and fit a newborn better.

Thanks!

Back to the drawing board I guess... DH really wants a 3-in-1... any particular one that *is* what they all promise to be?

Oh... I am okay with them being limiting on the upper age end, since I think we will have more than one kid, and would end up with a new booster/ whatever for the second. 

I had heard that the 3-in-1s are better because they are rear facing for longer?

• Options
    I would stay away from 3 in 1. They are not going to last longer then other convertible car seats. Most have the same rear and forward facing limits and most the time the harness is shorter then a normal convertible car seat. Here is a list of seats that fit infants well plus will last to about booster age has well. First years true fit rear facing to 35 lbs forward to 65, (this is the only 3in1 I would rec) Evenflo Symphony rear facing to 30 lbs forward to 65 lbs makes an ok booster, Evenflo Triumph Advance rear facing to 30 lbs forward facing to 47 lbs, Graco MyRide rear facing 40 lbs forward to 65 lbs, Sunshine Kids Radian 65 rear facing to 40 lbs and forward to 65 lbs.
  • Options
    imagedarlene'smommy:
    I would stay away from 3 in 1. They are not going to last longer then other convertible car seats. Most have the same rear and forward facing limits and most the time the harness is shorter then a normal convertible car seat. Here is a list of seats that fit infants well plus will last to about booster age has well. First years true fit rear facing to 35 lbs forward to 65, (this is the only 3in1 I would rec) Evenflo Symphony rear facing to 30 lbs forward to 65 lbs makes an ok booster, Evenflo Triumph Advance rear facing to 30 lbs forward facing to 47 lbs, Graco MyRide rear facing 40 lbs forward to 65 lbs, Sunshine Kids Radian 65 rear facing to 40 lbs and forward to 65 lbs.
    Yes This.  3 in 1 seats are horrible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

Thanks again :D

DH and I were out looking at the different seats, and I explained why I thought the 3-in-1 might not be the best choice anyway (I mean even if it did fit after, what 5 year old wants to sit in the baby seat?) We did like the ollks of the Graco.

My cousin is passing along an infant seat, so that should actually help the situation. We will still need to pick something for most use/ regular use... going to have 2 vehicles by then... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"