Potty Training
Options

How to clean pee off wood floors

Okay this is getting ridiculous! DD now pees on her bedroom floor (after being PTd for 2mos of no accidents!!) to get us to go back in there to prolong going to sleep. She has a potty in her room that she uses all day long if she wants to and had been using it at night for those 2mos just fine. 

But now it's all about the bedtime manipulations and unfortunately she's discovered that peeing on her floor and then screaming to use the potty will get us to rush in there........and then we see the pee.......and that turns into a mopping session. Basically, she buys herself like 10mins. And it sucks.

So we stopped going in there in hopes that only a night or two and she'd stop. But what ended up happening is now her room smells terrible and I've steam cleaned and mopped and left windows open to help. It's just gross and smelly in there now :( And she still pees so we now go in there to clean up right away again....we figure she's got to run out of pee at some point right?! lol

How do you clean pee off your wood floors that might have sat there a little longer than 2minutes? 

Re: How to clean pee off wood floors

• Options
    I use antibacterial hand soap and then swiffer.  You really don't want to leave pee on your wood floors. It'll destroy your floors. 
  • Options

I've been using Chlorox Clean Up spray

Zoryana Kaitlyn born 4/16/08. 8 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long Aidan Sean born 5/23/11. 9 lbs 12 oz and 22 inches long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i remember you said that you would use the swiffer mop. I believe they have the solution for wooden floors. Man, these kids are so smart. Liv has regressed with the poop after doing it on the potty for 2 weeks. ugh. I hope your daughter finds a drier way sorry
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Don't know how to clean wood floors, but I'd darn sure be moving that potty out of her room and retraining her to use a bathroom for just that reason.  That's the main reason I said no to a potty in DD's room, I didn't want her to associate being in her room with going potty...I want her used to having to go to the toilet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"