Oregon Babies

Hello and random chair question...

Hello Oregon Mamas!

I'm not sure if I've ever posted on this board, heck I haven't posted alot on the bump in general...but I thought I should give y'all a little intro before posing my question.  :)

I'm Shafina...I know 2 ladies on here from theknot days of wedding planning but other than that I'm not sure I recognize any other names.  My husband Kraig and I are expecting our first baby (it's a boy!) in December.  Hmm...what else do people say in these intros....we live over on the West side, kraig is a swoosh man, and I have a cazillion little jobs while I think about completing my Grad school thesis. :)  Oh!  I should probably say that while planning our wedding in '08 and chatting on theknot, I met the most amazing group of women whom I am still super close with.  I hope to meet some fabulous ladies on here as well. 

Now to my question....

We're working on our nursery and I'm having a hard time finding a rocking chair.  I've registered for one on Target but the reviews weren't that great and it's available online only so I have no idea if I'd like it.  I'm looking for a place where we can actually try out the chairs.  I've seen the ones at Babies R Us and I've gone to Kidz World, but do any of you know of other furniture stores that have rocking/glider chairs that are assembled?  If you have one, where did you get yours?  And if you don't mine me asking, how much did you spend?  There is one I really like at Kidz World but it's $577 with a $197 ottoman; that seems super crazy to me, but the ones at BBRUS seem spendy too. 

Any help is appreciated!  Thanks ladies!!  :)

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Hello and random chair question...

• We looked around and finally decided to spend a little extra money to get a Lazy Boy rocker/recliner (we ended up getting two, actually, one for downstairs and one upstairs).  We figured that they were probably better quality and would be useful long after the baby has grown up.  You can try them out in the store and they deliver them assembled.  They have sales all of the time.   

Other suggestion would be to go to Segals in Beaverton.  They have lots of baby-specific chairs that you can try out.   

• I forgot to mention...if you special order, you can select from hundreds of fabrics so that you can get exactly what you want for your nursery.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Did a lot of research and found Best chairs to be great. We bought one and have been really happy with it. I remember being worried that my upholstered chair would stink of baby throw up and milk a year later; and it doesn't (yeah). Bought it before we lived here though, so I can't really help you on where to find them. The website lists My Kidz Room in Beaverton,  a place called Goodnight Room  and Segals (but not the Tigard Segals.

https://www.besthf.com/bcpublic/home.do?catalogType=JU 

Try Segal's, they have a ton on the floor to sit in. Also, the Chair Outlet has some, but I would call first to see what kind of selection they have in what you are looking for. They may not have a lot of gliders:

https://www.chairoutlet.net/ 

• We were given a glider which she mentioned was a cheap thing from Walmart but it has served its purpose. I know we wish we would have gotten a rocker recliners for the million nights lo was up most of the night. Yeah! I'm so excited to see you on here Shafina!!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Goodnight Room is at Bridgeport, and I know they have a ton of gliders and chairs you can test out.  They are probably spendy though...  Nice to see you on here, hooray for December (tax credit) babies!  When is your due date?  My dd was due and born on December 29th.
  • Thanks for the suggestions ladies!  Segals, Chair Outlet, Lazy Boy, and Goodnight Room are officially on my list of places to check out now.  I'm realizing that chairs are just more expensive than I thought!  Ah well....I was able to justify a ridiculous amount of money spent at Pea in the Pod last week, so I should be able to justify this right?!  At least a chair will be used for much longer!  Lol

Kattyleigh....I just told my husband today that our baby really needed to make his appearance before the end of the year for this very reason!  Our due date is December 28!  Please be on time, please be on time....!  :)

Angelcakes!  My dear wedding date twin.  :)  Big hugs to you.  xo

• Ohh...I think the one that I like at My Kidz World is a Best chair.  Sooo comfy.  The salesperson there is going to give me a buzz if they have any sales.  Fingers crossed.   :)

Oops!  Should have hit the "quote" button I suppose. 

• I have a Best chair and it's great. I bought it from Segals, but then found out that Sellwood Furniture has waaayyy better prices on the exact same chairs. So I always reccomend them. But THEN I found out that the owner is a douchebag that I went to high school with...so I don't want him to make any money off my referrals! Ha! Hope this helps : )
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageThe_Jen626:
    But THEN I found out that the owner is a douchebag that I went to high school with...so I don't want him to make any money off my referrals! Ha! Hope this helps : )

that is GREAT! 

• imageThe_Jen626:
    I have a Best chair and it's great. I bought it from Segals, but then found out that Sellwood Furniture has waaayyy better prices on the exact same chairs. So I always reccomend them. But THEN I found out that the owner is a douchebag that I went to high school with...so I don't want him to make any money off my referrals! Ha! Hope this helps : )

LOL

I shall consider him only as a last resort.  :)

• imagekattyleigh:
    Goodnight Room is at Bridgeport, and I know they have a ton of gliders and chairs you can test out.  They are probably spendy though...  Nice to see you on here, hooray for December (tax credit) babies!  When is your due date?  My dd was due and born on December 29th.

We also bought ours at Goodnight Room. It takes about 8 weeks to order so keep that in mind to, but go check them out. There seems to always be a sale. We got our glider in the same fabric as our Crate and Barrel couch.

Best of luck and Congratulations on your soon to be bundle of joy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"