Boston Babies

Nursery School Options for toddlers???

I am a SAHM, but I'm interested in having a morning off once a week :) I think it would be good for my 16 month old, too, to be apart from me and among other toddlers, etc. 

What are the options here in Mass? We live in a South Shore suburb, and all I can find are nursery schools that take kids at 3 years old. Is there anything for a 16 month old?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nursery School Options for toddlers???

• My guess is no for a "nursery school" environment. Those types of places will take them at 2.9 at the least, most at 3.

You are probably better off looking into daycare centers (Bright Horizons for example) for her to go to. But another thing to keep in mind is that most of these places (including nursery/preschool) have a minimum number of days you have to enroll your child in order to attend. 

Another avenue is seeing if there is a local group that you can get information on a set playgroup. Start with your local library and go from there. 

Good Luck! 

• I work in early intervention and we run playgroups that last from 1.5-2.5 hours depending on the day.  Every group has kids with special needs/speech delay/late walkers,etc and 2-3 "peer models" 

my son goes as a peer model and he loves it!  You can't start until  18 months though.  You can check out if there are any THOM programs in your area, or any other EI program should run a few playgroups...

Chrissy BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"