Pennsylvania Babies

Newbie and in Lancaster

Hey, I am new on here. I just got married in April and DH and I are TTC this is our first month trying so we are hoping for a positive outcome. We have been living in the Lancaster area for almost 2 years. We don't know many people out here. His family lives in New Jersey and my family lives in western pa.
BabyFruit Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Newbie and in Lancaster

• Welcome! I'm also in Lancaster, if you have any questions about the area, feel free to ask :) Also, good luck with TTC!

• Welcome, have fun trying! ;)

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That's where I'm originally from as well and lived for a little over 30 years. Feel free to ask awayBig Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Woohoo! I love Lancaster--- lived here my whole life and I can't imagine going anywhere else! Any questions, just ask!

And good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I am looking for a new ob....my current doctor is in Harrisburg. I am just thinking of the future if something was to happen the office is 45 min away.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hello there!  I'm from NJ and moved here last summer.  Love Lancaster!!  When I moved I was about 16 weeks pregnant and transferred to OBGYN of Lancaster.  While I really liked them they did switch hospitals last October and now deliver out of Heart Of Lancaster in Lititz and not Womens and Babies anymore.  I had my son at HOL in January .. the facility is beautiful but they don't have a nursery on site and it was a rough few days.
  • Jerseygirl- What part on NJ are you from? I am from Monmouth county...I miss NJ but Lancaster isn't bad either Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Welcome to Lancaster! I go to Lancaster Physicians for Women. I love them! :) And you deliver at Lancaster Woman and Babies hospital which is wonderful.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :) Moving to a new place can be suck-tastic for awhile! But have fun TTC and getting out there and meeting new people!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lancaster Physicians for Women is nice, and it's convenient because they are connected to W&B!

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageJerseygirl16:
    Hello there!  I'm from NJ and moved here last summer.  Love Lancaster!!  When I moved I was about 16 weeks pregnant and transferred to OBGYN of Lancaster.  While I really liked them they did switch hospitals last October and now deliver out of Heart Of Lancaster in Lititz and not Womens and Babies anymore.  I had my son at HOL in January .. the facility is beautiful but they don't have a nursery on site and it was a rough few days.
    There is a nursery... but it is not used frequently because the hospital advocates family centered medicine and rooming in with new baby. If you need or want a break, you can ask the nurses to take your LO. They are wonderful about it.
  • Hey momma! We just moved here in April and I could definitely use a new friend in the area! We're originally from the poconos (about 2hrs north of here). We moved for DH's new job and have a (gasp) nearly 1yr old : )

Good luck with TTC! I didn't deliver here, so can't really recommend any OB's, sorry.  

Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

• Jessalicious- I could use a friend out here. I never realized how hard it was to meet friends when you didn't go to school or grow up in the area that you live Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • i've lived in lancaster all my life.  once you get past the amish smell, it's not too bad!  :)

i am going to obgyn of lancaster and so far don't really like it there.  everyone else i know goes to lancaster physicans for women and love it.  unfortunately they weren't taking any more patients for januray.  :(

good luck, and welcome to lancaster!

• imageve304856:
    Jerseygirl- What part on NJ are you from? I am from Monmouth county...I miss NJ but Lancaster isn't bad either Smile

All over but all South Jersey.  I was born in Camden County, spent my teen years in Burlington County, and we were living in Gloucester County before we moved to Lancaster.  I miss being close to family but not NJ!  :)  Well, I do miss being less than an hour from the beach. 

• imagepapetvet:
    imageJerseygirl16:
    Hello there!  I'm from NJ and moved here last summer.  Love Lancaster!!  When I moved I was about 16 weeks pregnant and transferred to OBGYN of Lancaster.  While I really liked them they did switch hospitals last October and now deliver out of Heart Of Lancaster in Lititz and not Womens and Babies anymore.  I had my son at HOL in January .. the facility is beautiful but they don't have a nursery on site and it was a rough few days.
    There is a nursery... but it is not used frequently because the hospital advocates family centered medicine and rooming in with new baby. If you need or want a break, you can ask the nurses to take your LO. They are wonderful about it.

Maybe that is new then?  When I stayed there in January the nurses told me there was no nursery.  They were wonderful and did take the baby for me a couple times but they had to take him around with them or if it was slow enough help each other out with work so someone could be on baby duty.  They never complained the few hours I asked them to do it but I felt bad about it so I only did it when I felt like I was going to fall asleep holding him.  If DH hadn't had to stay with our girls while I stayed at the hospital then I would have loved to room in with DS but as it was I went into labor in the middle of the night and didn't really get more than 2 hours of sleep in a row until I got back home again.  I don't mean to put the place down... it really was wonderful... I just would have liked a dedicated nursery for some of the time.

• imageve304856:
    Jessalicious- I could use a friend out here. I never realized how hard it was to meet friends when you didn't go to school or grow up in the area that you live Smile

DH was in the Army before we moved back "home." So I came to realize pretty fast that it's like you have to start dating for friends lol! But being in an Army environment, everyone was in the same boat and always looking for new friends. I don't work down here (I still commute to Allentown), and DH doesn't really have any friends at work yet that we could hang out with them and their wives or something either. Our neighbors are not really our age and have children much older than ours so it is really hard. I keep telling myself I want to join a mommy group somewhere, but I have such a varying work schedule that I wouldn't be able to go to regular get togethers.  

Do you have facebook? If so I can send you my SN, I check that far more often that I bump  : )

Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

• imageJessalicious01:

Do you have facebook? If so I can send you my SN, I check that far more often that I bump  : )

Yea Victoria Campbell in Leola, PA

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"