South Florida Babies
Options

NBR: Question about Wakes

Unfortunately one of our close friend's moms passed away yesterday. They are having a wake tomorrow and the funeral on Friday. Because of the timing on both I may only be able to make it to one or the other and my in laws suggested that the wake is more important. Is that true? In my religion we do not do wakes and I think I may have only been to one or 2 before and it's been a long time. My in laws were under the impression that the funeral is more for really close friends and family. Are they right?

Beth

Re: NBR: Question about Wakes

• Options
    Yes- they're right. That doesn't mean that you can't go to funeral but usually people do what your inlaws said.
  • Options

imageMariM:
    Yes- they're right. That doesn't mean that you can't go to funeral but usually people do what your inlaws said.

this.  normally, if it's not someone very close to me, i've only gone to the wake.  I've only gone to the actual funeral/cemetery when it's been a family member.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto the others.  The wake is like a shiva but before the funeral not after, and all compressed into a few hours.  It's when people talk to each other and share their condolences
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"