Oregon Babies
Options

Where to buy maternity clothes?

I'm having a lot of trouble finding decent maternity clothes. I have checked JC Penney, Kohls, Old Navy, and Target. I don't like ordering clothes online, so I know that limits me a bit. I don't want to go to A Pea In The Pod because I don't want to spend a ton on clothes I'm only going to wear for 4.5 months. Any other suggestions of places to look in town? I'm not opposed to a resale store. I particularly need nicer shirts and sweaters for work, a dress or two, and a winter coat. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where to buy maternity clothes?

• Options
    I got most of my stuff online from Gap and Old Navy - at least you can return in store at the Streets of Tanasbourne store (gap) and the Cedar Hills store (on) because they have small maternity sections.  You can find some pretty good deals in the store too because they take the online returns they have some nice stuff on clearance.  For work clothes, I also just bought a size up in regular clothes in sweaters and some dresses and that worked for me. 
  • Options
    I bought mostly from Gap too. I had a really hard time finding jeans that werent super saggy in the butt though. They would just stretch and sag and fall down. So I would maybe spend a little bit at A Pea in th Pod on one pair of quality jeans. And I woud be careful about Gaps n store return policy. Over the phone I was told I could bring them back to the store, but when I got there a couple days after that the manager refused to let me return my items. Finally she let me return one thing that was shipped in the wrong size but I had to return the other pair of pants through the mail. So irritating! So double check on that. Hopefully they do consistently accept in store returns to improve their customer service now. But anyways, the section is small but they usually had a pretty large clearance section to sift through. I would check them out first and if maybe wander into Pea in the Pod while you are at Streets of Tanasbourne while you are there. Maybe there us also a way you can sign up for coupons for them or something?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In the back of Baby Gap is some maternity clothes. The Pea and the Pod clearance racks aren't any more than Target. Motherhood Maternity in most malls is decently priced as well. Depending on the Target, the selection can be slim or grand. I'd check the larger Targets for more selection.
  • Options
    And btw Motherhood Maternity felt way too frumpy for me for the most part. Not sure if you have tried there at all. They always had a decent amount of clearance as well, but I didn't feel like their options were ideal for a younger gal. Good luck!
  • Options
    Ross!  You can find some really cute stuff for cheap! 
  • Options
    I got most of my stuff at Motherhood Maternity. I'm frumpy like that ;). Gap and ON pants never fit me right. There's also a MM outlet in Woodburn. I tend to shop at Kohl's a lot as I get coupons but don't really know what their maternity section is like.
  • Options
    I bought the bulk of my stuff at Old Navy and MM Outlet Store in Woodburn.  As for a winter coat, I bought mine on eBay.. Paid $40 for a coat that would've been $120 brand new, it was a really cute GAP jacket. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know you said you don't like online but I loved Ann Taylor's maternity stuff if you go to anntaylorloft.com you'll find it there.
  • Options
    I've found (3rd time around) that maternity clothes aren't that flattering, especially the winter variety.  If you're in Portland I recommend trying Bearly Worn resale at SE 50th/Division.  I also scored some cute stuff at Buffalo Exchange.  I had to replace half of my maternity wardrobe after my kids snuck a red crayon into the dryer :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"