Military Families
Options

having a downer day...

So I'm having a bummer deployment day. And DH hasn't actually deployed yet (he's been gone for a few months training). But he will realllllly soon and the window of time that I could give birth and he could request leave is quickly closing. He can't request it until I put it through red cross that I am in labor, and I am 2 days over my due date.

Its so frustrating! Everytime somebody makes a birth announcement, my heart sinks a little. I know its really selfish, but I just want it so bad! I want to see the baby in her daddy's arms, I want him to be able to hold her. We have a long deployment ahead of us and it would seriously mean the world to me. 

Sorry, I just had to vent. I have been so upset all morning, I guess its going to be one of those days. I usually am pretty strong and can hold it together but there are some days where I just let it go.  

Anybody else have experience with this? DH has been gone for half the pregnancy, will be gone for the birth, and most of the first year.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: having a downer day...

• Options

Thats so tuff....Your doc wont induce you basedon you being over due and and that DH is away? I talked to my doc about it and because of DH being gone and a few problems I had she said she would induce me at 38 weeks.

I ended up having an emergency C section. DH wasnt deployed yet but told his rank I was having the baby and they told him to go.

I know it sounds horrible, but if it were me I might "realize" im in horriable pain and need to go to the hospital! :) (wink)

GL

• Options
    imageamandafikri:

Thats so tuff....Your doc wont induce you basedon you being over due and and that DH is away? I talked to my doc about it and because of DH being gone and a few problems I had she said she would induce me at 38 weeks.

I ended up having an emergency C section. DH wasnt deployed yet but told his rank I was having the baby and they told him to go.

I know it sounds horrible, but if it were me I might "realize" im in horriable pain and need to go to the hospital! :) (wink)

GL

My clinic (and L&D at the hospital) is mostly nurse-midwives and they are actually pretty good about letting you go naturally and not unneccessarily inducing. Which was great with me up until now.

I have an appointment this morning, I will be asking about induction- I am really nervous since I have never seen this midwife though.  I have had a perfectly healthy pregnancy, but am past my due-date and DH meeting LO trumps a natural, normal birth experience for me at this point. I doubt this late in the game they could schedule me for one soon enough though. Especially since its not like the leave would be guaranteed.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemollylila:
    imageamandafikri:

GL

My clinic (and L&D at the hospital) is mostly nurse-midwives and they are actually pretty good about letting you go naturally and not unneccessarily inducing. Which was great with me up until now.

I have an appointment this morning, I will be asking about induction- I am really nervous since I have never seen this midwife though.  I have had a perfectly healthy pregnancy, but am past my due-date and DH meeting LO trumps a natural, normal birth experience for me at this point. I doubt this late in the game they could schedule me for one soon enough though. Especially since its not like the leave would be guaranteed.  

Yea....that sucks! Im really sorry! Start walking girl....LOL...do squats, get a pedi...Usually pedis can induce labor when your farther along, do to pressure points. I had a pedi 2 days before i had LO. I had an emergancy c cection because I was in labor and had the slightest idea and DD was breeched.

Like I said, cry your eyes out, find pain anywhere...LOL, tell them your family isnt there and you DH there NOW! They have to call RC.

• Options

No luck....

The induction (if needed by then) is scheduled for the 24th. I had the most painful internal/membrane sweeping EVER... she was complaining about her hand hurting, I was like.... imagine my CERVIX! I had no sympathy for her.

I am still 1 cm and although baby's head is low and cervix is soft.. its just not there yet. Even if they try to induce it would likely not be successful.  I give up, DH will not meet LO before he leaves and it will be okay, because theres no other option. Its just the way it is. I was fine with that fact before they told us he *had* the leave and then took it back, so I just need to stop holding out hope so I don't have to go through the negative feelings again. 

Thanks for the support!

• Options

A lot of people go into labor within 24-48 hours after having their membranes "swept".  Start walking.  If you have a health food store near you, go get some evening primrose oil.  It will help to soften your cervix.  GL

• Options
    imageiluvmytxrgr:

A lot of people go into labor within 24-48 hours after having their membranes "swept".  Start walking.  If you have a health food store near you, go get some evening primrose oil.  It will help to soften your cervix.  GL

what exactly do you do with the primrose oil?? That and castor oil are the only things I haven't tried yet... I may be going to buy some tonight!

• Options

Im sorry!!!! I swear im praying for you to deliver before he actually leaves. When does he deploy?

I agree with PP the sweeping can usually get things in motion...if I were you I would be walking to the store to get the castrol oil..LOL

Keep us updated...

• Options
    imageamandafikri:

Im sorry!!!! I swear im praying for you to deliver before he actually leaves. When does he deploy?

I agree with PP the sweeping can usually get things in motion...if I were you I would be walking to the store to get the castrol oil..LOL

Keep us updated...

So I just talked to DH.. he said that he found out if he were to get the leave, he would have to pay for his flight out there.... like to the other side of the world. And he would have to get the request approved by them as well.

They have been giving him the run-around on this, its probably just not meant to be. They told him he had the leave, then they told him he would have to request it out here before he left for his last training... then they told him to request it when he got to where he is training right now. When he got there, they told him they would have to be notified of my labor before he could request it. Its a mess...

Funny story though... I told DH I was considering castor oil and he thought i was talking about CASTROL... like the motor oil. Lol. Silly boys! 

• Options
    My husband was here for my whole pregnancy (minus the month of JRTC). He was also there for the birth of our son, then left 2 weeks later. Fortunately our son was born on his due date because my dr said she wouldn't induce until closer to 2 weeks overdue even though that was the date my husband was deploying. This is my husbands second deployment, but our first as a married couple. So I know exactly what your going through! I have my good days and I have my bad. If you ever need to talk you can message me, I'd be happy to listen.
  • Options

If it helps you to feel better, my DH is deployed now & won't be back until our LO is at least a month old... :(

It breaks our hearts, but it's just how it is...

I feel for ya!

DD1 11|04|10 DD2 08|20|12
    After 4 miscarriages, a diagnosis of Asherman's Syndrome, endo & lap surgery to remove partial septum &
    massive scar tissues, we have a completed family <3
    Never give up!

• Options
    imagemollylila:
    imageamandafikri:

Keep us updated...

So I just talked to DH.. he said that he found out if he were to get the leave, he would have to pay for his flight out there.... like to the other side of the world. And he would have to get the request approved by them as well.

They have been giving him the run-around on this, its probably just not meant to be. They told him he had the leave, then they told him he would have to request it out here before he left for his last training... then they told him to request it when he got to where he is training right now. When he got there, they told him they would have to be notified of my labor before he could request it. Its a mess...

Funny story though... I told DH I was considering castor oil and he thought i was talking about CASTROL... like the motor oil. Lol. Silly boys! 

Well i guess its not just the army who gives the run around...LOL...A friend of ours was in the same boat (haha, no punn intended) and when she went into labor she pitched a fit and starting "panicing" and freaking out and saying how she needs her husband and bla bla, red cross was ont he phone within minutes and her husband was home in 2 days on emergency leave.

Im sorry you guys are stuck....good luck!! Keep us updated though on your delivery. Im sure it will be soon! If hes not able to make it, video tape as much as possible so he will be able to feel part of the delivery. DH wasnt there for the delivery but was there that night. I went c secion, and my mom was with me, but the hospital had an observation window, so the rest of the family could see into the OR and was able to video for DH.

LOL@ at the castrol! LOL! DH would ABSOLUTLEY think the same thing...they have a one track mind!

• Options
    sorry to hear your DH is getting the run around. If it makes you feel better when I had my membrane stripped, my doc put me at 1 cm, so I wasn't even there yet, had cramps the rest of the day. My water broke a little that night and I was in full labor by 9 am the next day and delivered at 4:57pm. So hopefully this will jump start something for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"