Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

? If you stopped swaddling LO's torso...

We used to swaddle DD with her arms in but stopped that over a month ago when she started rolling over.  We have been using the Halo Sleep Sack with swaddle around her torso only but I want to stop doing that b/c it's kind of bulky.

If you stopped swaddling your LO's torso, did they sleep differently? I can't tell if she enjoys being swaddled like that or if it will affect her in any way if we stop. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? If you stopped swaddling LO's torso...

• Options
    I tried, it didn't work.  He kicked and fussed all night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We just did this recently, and haven't noticed any difference in his sleeping at all.  In fact the first night he slept his longest solid stretch ever (10 hours). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it completely depends on the baby.  One thing I read suggested using a blanket instead of a swaddle wrap and gradually wrapping them looser and looser til you can eventually take the swaddle away completely.  My DS still flails a ton and wakes himself up so we are trying this.
  • Options
    Our LO was actually fussing quite a bit with his torso swaddled, so we just tried out the sleep sak instead, and he did great; he was ready, I guess!
  • Options
    By only swaddling her torso, do you mean you have both arms out and the swaddle wings under her arm pits?  We did that for a few nights during the transition, and I hardly noticed a difference once we removed the swaddle feature completely and put him in the regular Halo sleepsack. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"