Things to do in VA with a toddler? — The Bump
Virginia Babies

Things to do in VA with a toddler?

We are visiting Northern Virginia in November and I was looking for activities to do with my then 20 month old.  I grew up in NoVA so I should remember fun things to do, but we just hung out at home and I wanted this trip to be more interesting.  I was thinking of colonial Williamsburg for a day, but am trying to remember if that is geared toward much older children.  Any suggestions?

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Things to do in VA with a toddler?

• There is so much to do around VA and DC there are always musuems. My husband and I like to go to Thompson Boat Marina in DC for a fun picinic and walk by the Potomac river. It's such a awesome place to walk around especially in fall when it's cooler. 

Williamsburg is ok but, think it's more for older kids. I would think maybe Busch Gardens I'm trying to remember if they still have a zoo there??

Cool place for rides also do some research and can go apple picking or pumpkin picking or check out https://www.virginia.org/site/features.asp?featureid=81

• The National Zoo is great, (and free!), and the Smithsonian and a few of the other museums have lots of things geared towards children.  The zoo just reopened their elephant house and a few other things, but make sure you bring a stroller - little ones get tired quickly!  Busch Gardens has a few animals, but for the cost (and not being able to ride the rides), it's probably not worth it with a little one.  If he likes planes and things there is an air and space museum attached to one of the airports, and its pretty neat (but you have to like planes!).  Good luck, and have a great trip!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards