Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

C-Section Moms: How soon did you leave the house?

How soon after having the c-section did you make your first trip out of the house with LO, excluding Dr.'s appointments?
"Two individual minds, but with one thought. Two hearts that beat as one."- Uncle Mycroft, "Thursday Next: First Among Sequels" by Jasper Fforde

Re: C-Section Moms: How soon did you leave the house?

• Options
    I went out 2 days after getting home - so 5 days post c-section.  It was a quick trip to Target.
  • Options
    6 days PP, only b/c I needed my Mom to do something for me at her store. DH drove of course, but we have an SUV and I'm super short so it sucked getting in and out. I sort of just gently slid out of the truck. I found that I still sort of do that now eventhough I've been pain free for like 3 weeks now! Lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    c section was a friday..got discharged monday..DD's appt was wednesday, and we went to walmart real quick afterwards..

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    discharged saturday, ped appt. monday, then  starting friday my mom would drive me to her house so i could get out. the following tuesday i went to target, etc..
    Jess and James 10.18.08
    Zoey Emma 08.18.10
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Had the c-section Monday 10pm, discharged on Thursday at 5pm, went over to hang out at friends house Friday evening.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At 5 days we went to the park with my parents! It was hard but I wanted to be back on my feet ASAP
  • Options
    A couple of days after we got home from the hospital. LO was 1 week old and we went to Wal Mart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

c/s was on a Tues, got discharged on Thur...Went to BRU with my 2 kids and mom on Fri...so 3 days pp.  Sat went to a friends house for dinner

• Options
    2 weeks but I am sure I could have gone out sooner. I was just nervous about taking the baby out. Of course walking might have been an issue. I live in nyc so I walk everywhere & don't drive... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    day after I got home at 5 days pp to BRU to get a breast pump. Smile
  • Options
    C-section was Friday. I went home Monday evening. Her doctor's appointment was Wednesday. That Friday, my mom and I went to the mall. I needed to get out of the house and my DH was driving me crazy! :-) Plus, my OB told me that walking would help my recovery.
  • Options
    It was 4 days after I got home. We did have a check up for LO then we went by Dh's work and then my work to show him off. It was really quick we were home in about 2 hrs. But my DR said the more I get up and move around the quicker I will heal. And so far I feel pretty darn great! 
  • Options
    4d after my c/s.  We went grocery shopping.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

DD2 was born on Friday. We went home on Sunday. I think we went out for dinner that Tuesday or Wednesday.

She was a repeat c-section so maybe that made recovery easier. My first was a c-section after labor, and it was a couple weeks before we really started going out.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    I ran errands on the way home from the hospital and I managed to leave the house at least one a day after that. I had to keep my sanity somehow!
  • Options
    I went out 2 days after coming home from the hospital so 6 days after he was born. We went to Babys r us came home for a while then went back out to eat. I kept him as covered up as possible and he slept the entire time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"