January 2011 Moms
Options

Starving in the morning?

Hello!

It has been awhile since I've posted-- I'm half-baked today, which is totally crazy. We managed to remain Team Green at our ultrasound but that decision continues to torture me, at least, daily... all looks well with baby except for an echogenic focus, but since everything else went well our changes of a chromosomal issue remain at 1 in 1100. I'll take those odds. :)

Anyway, is anyone else finding that they wake up absolutely starving and dehydrated (like, shaky) in the morning? This morning, for example, I had the following for breakfast: 

-cereal with almond milk

-banana with PB

-turkey sausage on a mini-biscuit

-a chocolate chip cookie (hey, it was the last one!) 

-3 big cups of water

-1/2 cup coffee with almond milk and cinnamon

And I am barely satisfied. Please tell me I'm not alone here! Happy Friday! 

Re: Starving in the morning?

• Options
    I am always starving in the morning! I mean I haven't ate, usually since dinner, so for me that's about 12 hours without food!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Do you eat a heavy snack before bed?

It may be gestational diabetes and low blood sugar... call your doc if it continues.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not necessarily starving in the morning, but throughout the day I feel like a bottomless pit.  DH is amazed at how I can be full after a small meal, but 20 minutes later I'm starving again. 
    E12A3396-380D-76AE-46AA-33A0C895872E
  • Options

Always! But, it was more of an issue when I had morning sickness because I like to take a shower and do my hair before I go downstairs and make bfast. When I has MS, I had to go down right away and eat.

I have been making big batches of steel cut oatmeal and refrigerating it (DH's blood work came back with high cholesterol last month)  We heat it up with a little milk in the microwave for 1min, add a little brown sugar and some raisins and it's delish. That with my morning protein smoothie usually holds me over until 10:30 and then I am ravenous again.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Being shaky in the morning is not normal-I would call your doctor.  I am starving in the morning also, usually satisfied by a bagel and fruit or yogurt, fruit, and granola. 
  • Options
    I definitely wake up dehydrated & hungry, but not starving.  I drink a full, 20-oz cup of water between getting out of bed & leaving for work (30-45 minutes, depending on the day), and generally eat either peanut butter crackers or cereal, depending on time/my mood/what's in the house.  Then I snack again when I get to work, pretty much non-stop throughout the day.  I'm trying to eat small meals/snacks every 2 hours or so, which seems to help, and I have a glass of water & some sort of snack right before bed.  If you're waking up shaky/weak, then you probably have low blood sugar in the mornings.  I'd mention it to the doc if I were you.
  • Options
    I don't eat a heavy snack at night but I don't go to bed hungry, either... I was afraid of some of these responses. Luckily I have a doctor's appointment coming up soon so I will make sure to bring this all to her attention. Thanks. Fingers crossed that I just need to eat more in the evenings-- and for no GD!
  • Options

You are not alone! I think I'm always hungry, especially in the morning.  Pre-pregnancy I would usually eat a small snack like yogurt or carrot sticks before lunch but now I need to have 2 small snacks before lunch..and sometimes I'll need a snack after lunch!  I try and space them out as much as possible so I'm not looking for a third snack before lunch.  Here's an example of my morning:

Breakfast: Cereal with a handful of raisins and 1% milk

Snack #1 b/w 9 & 9:30: Either a piece of fruit or a Special K Bar

Snack #2 b/w around 10:30: Yogurt

I also consume 1 cup of coffee, sometime a cup of decaf around 10:30, and a boat load of water...all before lunch

• Options
    imagekierstensteck:
    I'm not necessarily starving in the morning, but throughout the day I feel like a bottomless pit.  DH is amazed at how I can be full after a small meal, but 20 minutes later I'm starving again. 
    E12A3396-380D-76AE-46AA-33A0C895872E

This for me, too.  I fill up fast, but somehow am starving again almost immediately.  I feel like I might as well tie a feed back around me.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    It depends.  Every so often my kid goes through a growth spurt, and I can't get full and I'm really, really sleepy for 3-4 days, and then I go back to 'normal'.  Last night after dinner I had 2 bowls of quaker oat cereal, a bowl of captain crunch, and an apple and was still starving.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This exactly. It blows his mind. But whenever we are out, he knows he can count on me to have limitless options for snacks in my purse.haha.
  • Options
    Snacks have become of upmost importance in my life as well. :) Once the morning frenzy is taken care of, though, I feel like my appetite regulates itself throughout the remainder of the day. Maybe a late-night snack would help... 
  • Options

The only time I wake up starving is when I sleep in on the weekends. Other than that, I just have the normal morning growl in my stomach and down a small bowl of oatmeal. I am a bottomless pit during the day and have to have snacks with me all the time. I don't overdo lunch or dinner (I've been eating the same pre-PG portions).

If I do get hungry much later in the evening, then I'll have a light snack, but that's on rare occasions.

Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"