Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Chafing Fat Rolls?

Haha - it sounds funny, but the fat rolls in DD's diaper areas have started chafing and getting bright red.  I feel so bad for her!  What can I do about it?  I put some diaper rash cream on it today, but I don't know if more moisture is a good idea.  Baby powder? Other suggestions?
natural m/c 6-1-09 @9 weeks, Lucy born 5-11-10, m/c (D&C)1-24-12 @10 weeks Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Chafing Fat Rolls?

• Options
    Baby powder seems to do the trick on my LO.
    A hundred hearts would be too few To carry all my love for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    DS has a red spot under his chin right now  :(  I can't really think of anything else to do ...
    My Food Blog - Oishii

Photobucket

Levi 4.21.10
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Visit The Nest!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Diaper cream is probably the best.  It has zinc to heal it, and will protect from moisture. 
  • Options
    I just make sure I wipe it dry with changes,,,it happens in her neck folds too.  If it gets really red I dry it off good and then put a little vaseline on it.
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    We had that problem under DD's chin today from drooling so much... I wiped dry and put some Aquaphor on it to shield from the moisture and it cleared right up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    After her bath each night, I slather DD's tushy and the creases at the very top of her legs in Desitin.  The rest of her rolls get baby powder.
  • Options

clean and dry and apply bacitracin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD has a spot under her chin I asked her doctor about and she said to put desitin (or any other diaper rash cream) on it. I was told not to use baby powder due to the dust it releases when used.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"