Boston Babies

Hate my MIL...need to vent!!

Ok, so my MIL and I have had our ups and downs, but its been particularly nasty lately!  I threw my husband a little surprise bday party recently that she couldn't make and she outright accused me of purposely picking a date that she couldn't come!  Unbelievable!

The latest drama came at my son's 2nd bday party.  I heard from several friends that she was muttering things about the party under her breath all day!  Thing like "Kids are allowed to do whatever they want at this party!"  (Well, yeah, its a kids bday party) and apparently she was all bothered that the food came out a little late (it was a backyard BBQ, very informal!!!)  We had my uncles dress up like the Wiggles (ridiculous I know!!) and when I tried to play the song for them to dance to it kept not working so she said "Well don't you think she should have worked all this out ahead of time?"

It might all sound like petty stuff, but you have to know her, I can't put her into words strong enough!!  She came into our house and talked about the way we ran the party behind our backs...its just disrespectful, right??

My husband is going to say something to her about being nasty at the party, but I'm nervous cause she always gives him a guilt trip and turns things around on us!

Thanks for listening!!

Re: Hate my MIL...need to vent!!

• Oh, and she also was furious with us on Mother's Day because we sent her flowers and what she really wanted was a toaster...which she didn't tell us, she just expected us to know that she wanted one.  So she never said thank you for the flowers.
  • I feel your pain.  We can't do anything right in my MIL's eyes.  She actually thought we sold our futon so that she wouldn't be able to stay with us when coming to visit.  Didn't talk to us for a year because of it.  I guess some moms have a hard time not being the VIPs in the family once their sons get married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"