Connecticut Babies

Hi from the New Haven area!

DH and I have been TTC since June. I'm in the process of researching OB/GYNs for when the time comes. Does anyone have any experience with The Greater New Haven OB/GYN group, particularly Dr. Tonzola or Dr. Kopel? There is an office right up the road from me, so it would be very convenient. We moved back to the area a year ago and I did go to another practice for my annual exam last fall, but I'm not sure that I want to stay with them if/when I become pregnant. Thanks!

Re: Hi from the New Haven area!

• I don't go to them, but I do go to County OB/GYN and I love them. They have offices in NH, Branford, Wallingford and Clinton. 

THIS ISN'T THE BUMP, THIS IS SPARTA!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would recommend checking out Asis medical, VERY highly regarded in the area. Dr. Flaherty is awesome. https://www.asis-medical.com/home/
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am using Meghan O'conner from the Greater New Haven Ob/Gyn group. They are really friendly and quick to fill out forms. You may have a specific dr that you pick for regular check ups but they are going to suggest seeing all the dr's and midwives because when D-Day comes you dont know who you are going to get.

Good luck & hope you use them.

• imageczaja125:
    I don't go to them, but I do go to County OB/GYN and I love them. They have offices in NH, Branford, Wallingford and Clinton. 

I also go to County OB/GYN in NH as they were recommended to me by a pharmacist couple that I know and I have loved them.  I know at least 2 of the dr's in this practice were voted Top CT Drs in 2010 also...just kind of nice to know I think!  If you go here, you would deliver at the Yale New Haven Hospital.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I go to Greater New Haven and am actually put off by how HUGE the practice is. They do take their time with you but because there are so many drs. and midwives that you have to cycle through I feel like no one knows you personally. (I have had a few issues and when I go for in my next appt I feel like the person I am seeing hasnt even read my chart). I have been going there for over 5 years, Dr. Lynch delivered my 5 year old son, and I think they were slightly smaller then and better.

I thought County was a St. Raphaels office?? I know Asis is as they are partners with the practice I used to use.

Allison Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageglammichele:

I am using Meghan O'conner from the Greater New Haven Ob/Gyn group. They are really friendly and quick to fill out forms. You may have a specific dr that you pick for regular check ups but they are going to suggest seeing all the dr's and midwives because when D-Day comes you dont know who you are going to get.

I LOVE Meghan! I've had appointments with several different MW and docs and so far everyone is really nice.

Our active toddler: Born March 14, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Excited for version 2.0: BFP- 10/8/12 EDD: June 21, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also see Meghan from GNH OB/GYN. I started out with her she is awesome and listens to your every question. I will say that the practice is fairly large but you have the choice to continue with the same doctors or MW if you choose. Being that you will not know who is on call when you deliver I choose to see everyone in the practice. I have no complaints. 

I found that the NH office is VERY busy and they are always running behind schedule, so I transferred to the Hamden office which the same docs/mw visit as well.

• imagethebigmare4:
    imageglammichele:

I am using Meghan O'conner from the Greater New Haven Ob/Gyn group. They are really friendly and quick to fill out forms. You may have a specific dr that you pick for regular check ups but they are going to suggest seeing all the dr's and midwives because when D-Day comes you dont know who you are going to get.

I LOVE Meghan! I've had appointments with several different MW and docs and so far everyone is really nice.

A little late to this party, but I agree. I love Meghan, she is the best!!!  Actually, I really like all of the midwives there, Joanie is great and so is Janet.  Meghan delivered DS and I love this practice.  I go to the Orange office and have been to the Madison office as well.  Very friendly and they have been organized and helpful during both of my pregnancies.  I also loved delivering at Yale- it was a great experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"