North Florida Babies
Options

Tallahassee prenatal class

Has anyone taken the TMH prenatal class? I was just wondering if it's worth it or not. It seems like there aren't many other options in Tallahassee....
DS1- Jan 2011
DS2- Sept 2012
M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!

Re: Tallahassee prenatal class

• Options
    I took it years ago and it was ok, nothing spectacular. I know my OB does one in office at North Fla Womens care but I am not surei f it is run by the same people.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah thats the same one. I guess its my only option lol.
    DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Is it the same one that is offered by Childbirth education associates of Tallahassee? I haven't paid much attention to who offers the one through NFWC. I THINK that is the only one that offers the L&D tour though. When are you due?

• Options
    Nm, it is the same one! Wow, there really aren't many options!
  • Options

I am also in Tallahassee and just started doing some research on classes.  I know it's fairly early for me, but I like to research what is available around here.  I found what looks like 2 different classes available.  I assume that they are different since the cost is different on each site.

https://www.tallychildbirthclass.com/index.php

https://www.tmh.org/womenChildren.cfm?id=307

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageKristin&Kelly09:

I am also in Tallahassee and just started doing some research on classes.  I know it's fairly early for me, but I like to research what is available around here.  I found what looks like 2 different classes available.  I assume that they are different since the cost is different on each site.

https://www.tallychildbirthclass.com/index.php

https://www.tmh.org/womenChildren.cfm?id=307

Thanks!!

DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • Options

We just finished the 5 week "Prepared Childbirth" class from TMH. We've also taken the Infant CPR and ABCs of Babies. Last class, Prenatal Breastfeeding" will be this Thursday. (The last 3 classes are all 2 hours, 1 time only. The Prepared CB class is 2 hours each x 5 weeks.)

Honestly, I think if we hadn't had a drama queen, cranky, borderline whitetrash instructor for the Prep CB class, we both would have enjoyed the class a lot more. The info was good & helpful, but the instructor could have made the experience better. The only elaboration she offered was to tell us stories designed to scare us about rare, worst-case scenarios.  She just repeated herself and talked at us. Our instructors for the CPR & ABCs classes were each spectacular - passionate, great personality, didn't bog the class down with "scare-stories". 

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to get an indepth tour  of the TMH women's pavilion is to sign up for the Prepared Childbirth class.

If you want a suggestion for something better for prepared childbirth education, try Lindsey Morrow's "birthing from within" class. She's a doula and we're using her for our birth, but we couldn't fit either of her 2 class series this fall into our schedules due to other conflicts. I am bummed - I love her and really wanted to take her class. Lindsey's doula business is called Mother Rising Birth Services. Google her - she has a site & blog.

Last but not least, I just started a Prenatal Yoga class at Journeys in Yoga 2 weeks ago. It's every Friday for 8 weeks. I think the current class is full but you might want to ask if they have another scheduled before you're due. I'm a yoga class newbie and LOVE IT. I have been exercising throughout my pregnancy and love to exercise, but this yoga thing is a whole other world. I plan to stick with it. Always wanted to take yoga but never got motivated until I was pregnant. :-)

• Options

We just finished our second class by Childbirth Education Associates of Tallahassee it's the one that's offered at NFWC. It includes a tour of the Women's Pavilion with your final class. So far we have been really happy with our instructor (who works L&D at TMH) and have met some great people in our class who are all due within the same week as us.

https://www.tallychildbirthclass.com/Class-Schedule.php

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the information.  We are just starting to think about classes.  Our OB said the CAE class in the NFWC lobby isn't bad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I realize I am posting this WAY after you asked, I don't check the local board often. But, I took a class with Vicki Langston with Best Beginnings and it was great! If you are hoping to go natural or not, she is amazing. She used to be a labor and delivery nurse, so you learn a lot.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I also took Vicki Langston's class and loved it.  She was great.  She's also a wonderful lactation consultant.  She couldn't have been nicer or more informative. Love her!
  • Options
    skonkersskonkers member
    edited May 2014
    Edited by mod.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"