School-Aged Children
Options

What is your homework time like?

Our nights are kinda crazy between me working and the Mother's helper coming. What is your routine? I am debating having her doing it when she gets home before she can play but she would miss out on a lot of the outside play while the MH is here.

[color=#FF0000]Mom to 5 girls 23,22,18,9,7 and one sweet Wonderboy almost 4[/color]
The Chaos of Six!

Re: What is your homework time like?

• Options
    DS does his as soon as he gets home from school at 3:30.  He can not go outside to play, watch tv or play video games until it is done. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options

image618mom22boys:
    DS does his as soon as he gets home from school at 3:30.  He can not go outside to play, watch tv or play video games until it is done. 

Same thing here.

Effing crazy people.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I let my girls pick when they wanted to do it.  Oldest DD likes to get hers out of the way as soon as she gets home, she likes having a snack while she works on it (as long as she keeps it neat I have no problem with that).  Middle DD likes to wake up early and get it done then.  That will work for now but might have to be changed when her homework is due the next day (now she gets a packet at the beginning of the week that isn't due until the end of the week so we can do a little each morning). 
  • Options

My DD is in 5th grade and goes to a magnet program. She has what I think is a lot of homework -- about 60 to 90 minutes a night.  

She gets home around 4 and starts homework around 4:30.  I teach HS, so I'm home around that time unless I have a meeting.  I go over her assignment book with her and get her started, then spend some time with DS, then make dinner.  She does homework at the counter in the kitchen while I cook.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"