Philadelphia Babies

Play and Learn in Blue Bell

Hello!
Does anyone use the Play and Learn in Blue Bell for daycare? My 3 month old son is suppossed to start there next week and I am having second thoughts.  Any other recommendations in that area?

Thanks for the help!

Re: Play and Learn in Blue Bell

• can i ask why you have second thoughts? I know someone who sends their kid to play and learn in ft washington and love it. 

we started at play and learn in abington and hated it.  just something about the staff...cool and robotic. and understaffed. I would go in at 8 and drop off my LO to a room of 7 babies with one care taker. when i asked where the other one was, they said "she comes in at 8:30". yet parents had to hand in their schedules in advance. and the one woman there was eternally feeding the babies, so it broke my hear to leave my little 3 month guy sitting in a swing on his own, while she attended to the other babies.

we are now at kindercare and are very happy. staff is warm and friendly. and there seems to be no cell phones! i used to pick my little guy up and the girl would be texting! But again this was Abington, where there is a special discount hospital rate. like i said, i know people who love play and learn ft washington. 

• I toured Play and Learn in Lansdale and didn't like it for the same reason as you said, sunshine. The staff didn't seem very friendly and I got the impression that they were overextended in every single room. In one room there were 5 kids running around with no shirts on while the teachers seemed exasperated and it just seemed weird to me. I guess it's not so much of a big deal, but I kind of expect my kid to wear his clothes at school. If it was one kid that would be one thing but 5? I don't know, that was just one thing of many. Plus their toys and equipment looked old and beat up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We were going to use PLay and Learn at either Abington or Lansdale.  At the last minute, i had a bad feeling about it.  Ended up using a church daycare in Lansdale.  2 years later, could not be happier.  A co-worker uses Play and Learn in Green Lane and hates it.  She only stays because her MIL works there and takes her kids home with her in the afternoon. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"