Philadelphia Babies
Options

How do I dress my baby overnight?

Brooks is 8 weeks old.

Last night knowing that it was going to get cooler in the night, but he would wake up to nurse I dressed him in a long sleeved footie pajama, and a summer weight swaddle me. Around 1:30 he started fussing and I felt his face was cool so I put a hat on him (cotton). At 3:30 he nursed and his back was damp, I thought his diaper had leaked. When I changed him I notice that it wasn't his diaper so I'm guessing it was sweat.  I put him in a long sleeved gown with his hands covered and a medium weight blanket and socks.
I don't want him to get hot at night and since we wake up I can add layers, what should I do for tonight when the weather is supposed to be similar?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do I dress my baby overnight?

• Options

What temp do you keep your house?

I think ours is about 77 at night - and right now I have DS in cotton longsleeve/leg or footie PJs AND in a sleepsack. He seems comfortable.

In cooler weather I'd use fleece PJs and a sleepsack - maybe a fleece sleepsack.

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've been sleeping with the windows open, so the temp changes. I guess if I want to do that we're going to need to get up and redress him in the night.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Last night we had DS in a short sleeved onesie and a sleepsak (w/ the windows open). We'll probably start puting him in a long-sleeved onesie or footed PJ and the sleepsak pretty soon b/c it's getting cooler at night. He doesn't like to be swaddled anymore.

A nurse told us a good way to tell the baby's temperature is to feel the back of their neck (if it's cold or hot/sweaty). Their feet and hands may be cool and that's okay. Although, I usually put socks on DS if his feet are cold.

• Options
    Do you not swaddle anymore?  We swaddled until 4 months, and then switched to Halo Sleepsacks. DS1 slept in them for a long time, and now DS2 does.  We just adjust the material (fleece or cotton) and the layers under depending on the weather.  And I am still getting up usually once or twice for a quick nursing, so I sometimes adjust his layers if need be. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"