1st Trimester
Options

Light Pink Spotting...some dull cramping

Well, I performed the infamous wipe check tonight after using the bathroom and found some light pink discharge.  A couple hours later there was a little more but it was still light pink/light brown.  For the past few hours I have also had some very light cramping which could possibly be gas, but I'm not 100% sure.  I am going to Mom's office for an u/s tomorrow just to check and make sure everything is ok.

Anyone experience something similar?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Light Pink Spotting...some dull cramping

• Options

Well it's good that it's light pink/light brown.  Could be your LO snuggling in, or just some blood vessels on your cervix ruptured.  Go ahead and have the u/s just for peace of mind.

It's going to sound funny, but I had the same thing happen after a BM during my 9th week.   My OB said I just irritated my cervix by straining.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecfranklin1:

Well it's good that it's light pink/light brown.  Could be your LO snuggling in, or just some blood vessels on your cervix ruptured.  Go ahead and have the u/s just for peace of mind.

It's going to sound funny, but I had the same thing happen after a BM during my 9th week.   My OB said I just irritated my cervix by straining.

This could be possible as I have had some mad constipation and I have been straining quite a bit when attempting to have a BM.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At 5weeks I had light brown spotting that lasted 3 days.  Then again at 7weeks.  The doctor told me to take it easy... no working out, no laundry, no walking the dog... just come home from work and relax.  I haven't spotted since, and feel great (a bit of a fatty, but otherwise great :)

• Options
    I think the u/s will put your mind as ease tomorrow.  I am hoping my Dr will have me come in to do the same.  I have been having some light brown discharge and it is freaking me out.  I have had a  m/c in the past so it is on my mind.  They had me do labs today and will know more tomorrow...although the other posters comments are reassuring.  Thanks ladies and good luck!
  • Options
    I just started experiencing that yesterday.  Yesterday morning I had some very faint light pink & some dull cramping on and off during the day.  This morning some light brown/pink spotting as well.  It only happens in the morning ....I don't spot during the day.

I'm attributing that to the little cashew getting snuggled in...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I always try to tell myself these things but why I don't listen to myself I'll never know.

Anyhoo, essentially there are a number of things that can cause this kind of spotting:

- Taking a dump and straining too hard as another poster mentioned

- Uterus growing and shedding some lining in the process

- Baby snuggling in for the long haul and shedding lining while digging

- Placenta growing and pushing lining away

It all seeps out of the cervix over time. I have been told repeatedly by the doc that unless it's red or gets worse and comes with cramping, don't freaking call.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"