Kentucky Babies

Jealous...

...of a cow? Seriously? YEP! That's right. There are 30 cows on this farm and 4 of them have already had their babies. Late Dec. we "rented" a bull. And now his fruits are falling from the trees. Yesterday, on a particularly tiresome day, fighting the anxious feeling of wishing my son were already born, I looked outside his bedroom window and saw cow #26 laying down, breathing slooowly, then stop and tense all her muscles before breathing slooowly again. I walked outside to welcome her baby into this world with tears in my eyes. For the rest of the day, until around dinner time, all the other cows left them alone, allowing mommy and baby some bonding time before they came up, one by one, and introduced themselves to the new baby. I am so jealous!

Re: Jealous...

• Cute!  <3 little baby cows!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hahaha!

What a cute story. I'm jealous of cows because they don't have to pay for day care!

• Loading the player...
  • This is the one that was born two days ago...

And this is the one that was born last night outside DD's window!

Here's Mama, eating grass and watching to make sure I don't get too close to her calf while her little wobbly one tries to stand for the first time.image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"