School-Aged Children
Options

Kindergarten snack day ideas

DS officially starts kindergarten next tuesday.  Today at the introduction class, the parents were all given a schedule for snack days.  So of course, DS was chosen as the first kid in the class to bring in a snack for the rest of the class. 

He is scheduled to bring in a "Grain" type of snack( I'm assuming this is suppose to mean carbs of some kind). Any creative ideas?   I'm hoping you ladies can help me come up with something unique that the kids will love.

TIA

Re: Kindergarten snack day ideas

• Options
    Some kind of muffins or granola bars?
  • Options

Pretzels

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DD (whose in K) told me they had graham crackers with icing decorated with raisins and "stuff".  She loved that snack day.  Like at your school, a different person brings every day.  We did rice krispy treats b/c I didn't have time that night to think of anything healthier or more creative.  The treats are suppose to be healthy but she's already had cheez its twice and I don't think they're healthy!  It's also gets difficult when you are suppose to have 20 snacks and they should be healthy, peanut free and not made around peanuts b/c that rules out most granola bars!

DD(7), DS(4.5), DS(2.5), DS(baby)
  • Options

Is the school peanut free? 

What about those flavored mini rice cakes?  They're small, so they're easy to handle for little ones, plus they're friendly to someone with a gluten allergy in case there's a kiddo who might have that problem.

image     image

Me (34): MTHFR, PCOS, Endo, left salpingectomy due to hydrosalpinx, 
    hypothyroidism, low AMH (0.26)/normal FSH/average AFC of 12

Him (33): No known issues

November 2013-March 2014: Natural cycles
    April 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
    May 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
    July 2014:  IVF class -- Check!
    Holy crap.  Unmedicated BFP 7.22.14.  EDD 4.01.15.
    Best April Fool's Day ever!
    Now on Lovenox, prenatals, Vitamin D,
    Folic Acid, and Synthroid.
    Please be our take home baby.

• Options
    What about goldfish?  Can he bring fruit snacks?  Crackers and cheese, graham crackers, fruit bars or granola bars.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"