North Florida Babies

Tell me about the FIRM

I am not happy at my RE's office and know a few of you ladies have been to the FIRM. I would love to hear your honest opinions.

My current compliants... I have had 3 nurses since I have been then there. The current one is clueless and I keep having to follow up with her just to get a treatment plan. When we first started I was never really given a DX and just assumed I was unexplained. We tried 3 rounds of Femera with TI no luck. We saw the doctor again still no real diagnosis and decided to add Follistim. I then noticed on my calender that is said DX= PCO so I asked about it and was told I have some symptoms but are not a classic case. One nurse put me on Metaformin and told me to do no carbs/sugar. When to doctor told another nurse I didn't need to be on it. I see someone different everytime I am there and have only seen the doctor once other than for my consults

I guess I am just fed up. I told DH I was done and we just won't have kids. He asked about the other place in town which makes me realize he REALLY  wants kids.

I just started my current cycle with them today if it doesn't work I think I need a second opinion.

We have been trying for 2 1/2 years now Crying

Thanks for letting me vent!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tell me about the FIRM

• I am so sorry and wish I could give you a hug. I saw Dr. Winslow at the firm for a year and a half.  He was the only person who ever diagnosed or saw us (unless it was a weekend but then it was always a dr).  I NEVER saw a nurse. the only time I spoke with the nurse is when she was in the room with him or I had a question (which was every week).

I responded to your email but if anyone ever questions the firm, the one thing that made me realize just how amazing dr winslow is as dr, is when I called them after we got pregnant naturally (we were taking a break from treatments for four months) they took me in and kept me their care until I was 7 weeks.  Dr. Winslow gave me an ultrasound at 5, 6 and 7 weeks until he felt comfortable.  He also put me on progesterone after he took my blood work.  He could have easily told me when I got pregnant to call my regular OB for them to see me at 10 weeks (which from some infertility groups I have been in that has happened) but he knew just how special and important this pregnancy was to us and kept us in his care.  To me that showed he isn?t all about IVF and money that he really wants his patients to not only get but sustain a pregnancy.

Vent away, it sucks and it isnt fair and I will keep you in my thoughts. 

It took us a long time to open up about our infertility  issues, I made lots of excuses to why we werent pregnant, but it's better when you can talk to people who have been in your shoes. 

• I'm sorry you are going through infertility.  I was a patient at FIRM for the past 3 years.  I now have a 9 week old daughter thanks to them.  It took a lot to get me pregnant but our fourth IVF finally worked.  I saw Dr. Winslow.  He is not warm and fuzzy but he is very professional.  I would tell anyone to go to him.  He tried everything before suggesting IVF.  Compared to other women on other boards, I received the best care out there.  I trust them and will only go to them if I choose to do IVF again. 

I went to a different RE, just to see what he would say, and he REALLY messed up my IVF cycle.  I wish I could warn everyone about him.  I only recommend FIRM to people.  Any of their three doctors would be great.  Good luck to you.  I hope your journey is short.   

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a little late to this party, but I thought I'd throw in my opinion in case you're watching this thread...or for other's benefit.

I'm switching from Dr. Winslow after seeing him for 6 months. He tried me on Clomid and Bravelle before telling me that my only option was ovarian drilling. Of all the fertility meds and remedies out there, he only tried me on 2 meds before refusing to go any farther without surgery. I know it takes 2-3 cycles on injects before the dosages get worked out.

Honestly, these 2 good reviews are the first I've seen. I've never heard anybody say anything good about the FIRM. Yes, they have a pretty good track record, but in this case it's not enough for me. The surgery he was suggesting has a risk of complete ovarian failure and at 27, I'm not ready to risk that. Aside from treating me like an idiot, he did not seem to understand this.

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break