TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Most 1st IUIs are unsuccessful

I finished my first IUI this morning and was excited with three mature follicles and DH's sperm described as the best quality they have ever seen (DH was grinning from ear to ear).

I am trying not to focus on what the doctor told me afterwards..."most first IUIs are unsuccessful".  He told me to just focus on being pg 6 months from now because that will be 4 IUI cycles.  I am wondering if there is truth to this or is he trying to keep me from stressing out.  My doctor has been very aware of my rollercoaster of emotions and even encouraged me to stay strong psychologically through this.

DH told me afterwards to not focus on this and focus on the fact we could be pg in a few weeks.  I love the way he thinks.  Overall I feel fantastic and praying our first IUI is a success.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Most 1st IUIs are unsuccessful

• Options
    They say on average that the more you have the higher the chance it will work.......However, it doesn't mean your first won't work especially since the odds are with you.  You have 3 mature follicles and DH's sperm are winners!!  That's really GREAT!!!!   I hope you get your BFP in a couple weeks!
  • Options

::lurking::

Good luck! My RE told me when I started the IUI process that with the perfect timing, the perfect eggs and the perfect sperm, the PG rate was around 20% for each IUI. So, while your RE's statement is techincally accurate, this means that 1 out of every 5 couples having their first IUI will be successful...so it does happen!

When the first one was a bust, I had a tearfest. However, the second one was a success (for PG)!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    GL! and hopefully it works first try!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options
    I just wanted to say good luck!  It sounds like you have everything working in your favor.
  • Options

My first IUI didn't work, so I had a laparoscopy done, had endometriosis and uterine polyps removed.  The next IUI after that was a success!  So, my first IUI didn't work because there were problems that we didn't know about until the lap.

You seem to have a good attitude about it, which is great!  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• Options
    Good Luck!! That sounds awesome.
  • Options
    Crossing my fingers that the first one works for you.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"